Opportunity

"Son, we want you to go to the human realm."

Huh? 

" The human realm?! You can't let him go there! Who knows what's over there," Grace exclaimed. I was still in shock. Are they actually letting me go after all these years of begging?

" Calm down, Grace," Father said," Let me explain the sudden request." I don't care why, I'm just happy to leave this god-forsaken place, but I guess I'll listen to his reasoning. There's always a catch.

" As you know, your mother and I have been working with the human government to better relations with spirits and mankind. However, the government still sees us as potential threats, seeing as spirits have not openly lived in the human world. We need a test to see if cooperation between our species' is possible." Oh, now I get it. " This is where you come in. We need you to go to the human world for one year. You will go to a human school and live among them. There will be no servants and no freshly prepared meals for you. You'll have to do everything on your own."

" Wait, as much as I'd like to go, I can't do everything on my own." I don't know the slightest thing about working thanks to this sheltered lifestyle.

" Don't worry, the human government will sent you a monthly allowance as well as provide you with the materials necessary for your school life. Anything else, however, you will have to get through your own means, including extra money." Whew, thank the gods.

" Wait, I won't allow this," Grace said," He can't go over there on his own. Who knows what might happen to him?"

" You are correct." What? " Which is why you will be going with him."

"WHAT?" 

" Hmm, I guess that is acceptable," Grace said.

I'm starting to hate my family a bit.