Eight

<>¥Benny¥<>

After the whole pool incident, I decided to go to the sandlot with Smalls while everyone went home.

"Don't tell anyone we're still aloud at the pool. They might pressure Jocelyn a lot," I tell him.

"Oh, okay," he says.

We kick dirt around for awhile before he taps my shoulder.

"Forgive me for saying this, but you seem to care about Jocelyn a lot," he says.

I did my best to control how red my face was.

"Well, she's my friend. I care about all of you guys. You guys are like my second family. It includes Jocelyn too," I say.

He nods.

"That's really nice."

We walk around for a little while longer before I turn to him.

"We gotta go to the carnival tonight with everyone!" I exclaim.

"Right!"

We run out of the sandlot and to everyone's houses. We told all of them the same thing.

"Get ready to go to the carnival!"

We both ran to our own houses to get ready. I put on khakis, a yellow shirt, a black jacket over it, and my old worn out PF Flyers. I walk out of my house and see Smalls running out of his house with his nice clothes on.

"Lets go."

<><><>

At the carnival, we were all excited. We got food and drinks, we played some games. But the two things that would happen later would make my time horrible.

We were walking around, looking for something to do when we have to bump into someone.

It apparently is a small world after all.

In front of me was Jocelyn and two of her friends.

"Hey Benny! Your girlfriend is here!" Bertram exclaims.

Everybody laughs but Smalls while I grit my teeth.

"She's not my girlfriend. She's just a friend."

I try not to get noticed, only until I see a large group of guys walking towards the three of them.

And those guys were Phillips and his team.

"Guys, is it just me or are all the faggots over there?" Ham asks.

"It's not just you," I mutter.

<>¥Jocelyn¥<>

"Hey, pretty girl."

I turn around, my short black dress twirls around and my French braid wraps around my right shoulder.

"What do you want, Phillips?" I ask.

Hailee and Baylee look at me.

"I thought you liked him," Hailee says.

I give them a look.

"What do you mean? I never said that," I say.

"Well, Phillips told-" Baylee starts before she's stopped by him.

He wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"She's just playing dumb. Aren't you?" Phillips asks.

I slap his arm down and look at Hailee and Baylee.

"Phillips told you what?" I ask.

"He told us that Benny broke your heart. He said that you told him you liked him," Baylee says.

I cross my arms.

"I see Benny over there," Hailee says.

I roll my eyes and turn around.

"It really is a small world," I say.

Hailee and Baylee gesture for Benny to come here, so he starts walking towards us with his team.

"What's happening?" He asks.

I shrug and look over at Phillips and the girls.

"Why the hell would you say that Phillips?" I ask.

He looks around and glares at Benny.

"Because! I like you! And I hate Rodriguez! So, I just lied, I guess!" He admits.

I roll my eyes.

"Hailee. Baylee. I'm gonna go home for now," I say. They nod as I turn to Benny. "I'm not mad at you."

I storm off, unhappy with the situation I was in. Why do boys have to be desperate enough to lie to someone's face about it? I hated it, but I wanted to shake the feeling off for now.

<><><>

<>¥Benny¥<>

I look at Phillips and push his chest back.

"You little shit. I can't believe you were desperate enough to ruin a girl's day. Maybe you should think twice before you think of sabotaging another person," I snap at him then after that, I turn around and storm off, my teammates following closely behind.

"Damn Benny. You're angry," Kenny says.

I walk over to the ticket booth.

"It's all on me tonight," I say.

"Thanks Benny!" Everybody exclaims.

"Nine tickets please," I tell the Ticketmaster.

She hands me nine tickets and I hand them out.

"Let's go!" Ham shouts.

We all run up the steps to the ride before Bertram stops us.

"Crap, I almost forgot!" He shouts.

We all run to him.

"What?" We all ask.

He pulls something out of his pocket and holds it up for us.

"Chaw! I've been saving it for a good time!" He shouts.

"What is it?" Smalls asks.

"Big Chief!" Bertram sniffs the bag and sighs. "The best!"

"Plug! Wad! Chewing tobacco?" Yeah Yeah says.

"Yeah, this is what all the pros chew," Kenny says.

"Geez, Smalls! I suppose you don't even know who the Babe is either!" Ham shouts.

Everyone laughs but me. I grab Smalls' shoulders and give them a squeeze.

"Let's dip! Let's dip!" Tommy yells.

Everybody gets a piece and puts it in their mouth.

"Lets ride!" Bertram shouts.

We all run up the small steps again and sit down on the ride. I sit down and this is when I realise that we've fucked up big time.

The ride starts, and it's fun at first. Until the chewing tobacco seems to work against all of us. I started to feel dizzy before I spit the piece of the tobacco out of my mouth. I throw up in my mouth, and it tasted horrible, but at least it was better than throwing up all over the place.

Unfortunately for everyone else, that didn't seem to be the case.

We were forced to get off the ride and pretty much everyone had puke stains on their clothes.

"I need to get home," Smalls says.

"Yea. We all should. 9:00 tomorrow morning at the sandlot," I tell all of them before running all the way to my house.

I UPDATED TWICE TODAY AND IM WATCHING THE SANDLOT AGAIN! I'm tired, good night.