Chapter 1- Midna Returns

Zabrina's P.O.V

It's my brother's 18th birthday! The ballroom is filled with people from all over Hyrule. It's not very often we have a huge party like this, except for Mother's birthday, father's birthday, mine and Leo's birthday, Christmas, and..... Okay maybe we do have parties like this a lot but we are royalty after all. Besides it doesn't matter as long as it's so much fun! Let me introduce myself though. I am Princess Zabrina of Hyrule. My brothers usually call me Brina. Leo is my twin brother and we're fifteen. Then there's my older brother Lin. His name is actually Link after my father, but everyone calls him Lin so no one gets confused. It's his birthday today. That's why we're having a big party here at the castle. There's dancing, music, and lots of food too!

"Alright everyone please quiet down! I have a special birthday present I'd like to give to Lin." My father smiled standing in front of his throne facing the crowd. I quickly turned to face him.  I wasn't standing very far away from him and had been talking to some people from Ordon. They were children of my father's friends, before he moved to Castle Town. Lin walked over to stand in front of father.

"What is it, father?" Lin asked.

"Wait a second." Father said. He walked over to his throne and picked up something from behind it. "Here it is." Father handed the item to Lin. I couldn't quite see what it is, but mother gasped.

"I thought I told you I didn't want the boys sword fighting!" Mother said. That's when I saw what was in Lin's hand. Father's master sword!

"You've earned this, Lin. With all that practice you've been doing I'd trust you out with monsters." Father said, completely ignoring mother.

"I thought I told you I didn't want the boys sword fighting?" mother reappeared.

"I thought I told you I didn't want Zabrina learning magic?" Father returned.

"Wha? She doesn't know any magic."

"I caught her practicing last week. She told me everything." Mother looked at me surprised and I just shrugged,

"Sorry Mama." I heard a few people laugh in the crowd.

Lin removed the sword from its sheath and he couldn't seem to stop smiling. He looks so excited! and he should be too, this sword is a big deal. Father used it to save the whole kingdom twenty years ago.

"Father, thank you so much! I can't believe you're giving this to me!" Lin said excitedly.

"Well, you know how important this sword is to me. So I trust you'll keep it safe?"

"Yes, of course!"

Suddenly the ball room doors burst open. A tall woman with blue skin was standing in the doorway, her arm held by a guard. She had green tattoos and black, something or the other, was being used as a shirt. She was also wearing a skirt.

"Your highness, this woman, whatever she is, was trying to break into the castle." The guard said.

"Midna? But how?" Father asked.

"Sir, you know her?"

"Yes let her in. She's a friend." The guard let go of her arm and she ran up to father.

"Link, please, I need your help!" Midna said. She was shaking and father took her hands trying to help her stop.

"What's wrong? Have you been in the sunlight? How did you get here I thought you destroyed the mirror?" Father fired the questions at her.  It seemed him holding her hands was the only thing keeping her from falling down. What did he mean has she 'been in the sunlight'? What is she a vampire?

"Ganondorf is..... back..... fixed the mirror...... please..." Then Midna fainted. Father was able to catch her.

So! Watcha'll think of this story huh!?