Chapter 9

Miss Clark came up to my room later in the day with a tray of cupcakes, unlocking the door and walking inside. I sighed and carried on watching the Tv, ignoring her.
She sat down next to me and put the tray in my hands.
I looked down at it and saw a key there and frowned.

"It's your room key." She said. "I shouldn't have locked you in." She stood up again and walked to the door.

"Aww, thank you." I smiled at her. "I knew you could do it."

She walked back up to me and threw the tv remote into the Tv and it smashed as she picked the tray up again. She walked back to the door and threw a cupcake at me.

"Next time when I'm being nice, I suggest you don't patronise me. Do you want the key or not?"

I stared at her, then at the Tv and back again. "Yes, sorry. But you ruined my shirt."

I removed the pink cupcake and put it next to me, trying to get rid of the frosting.

"Yes, where did that dress go?" She asked.

"There" I muttered, pointing at it on the floor, next to my bed.

Miss Clark frowned, picking it up off the floor and put it on a table. "Why don't you go have a shower?"

"Brilliant idea" I said and walked past her, hurrying into the bathroom.

I locked the bathroom door and turned on the water, quickly showering and fixing my hair. I got the makeup off and threw my shirt with its pink stain in the laundry bag before wrapping a towel around me and walked back to my room.

Miss Clark stopped me in the hallway and smiled, throwing a black dress at me. "You can wear this."

"No thanks." I sighed. "No more dresses."

"Well, what else are you to wear?" She laughed.

"My clothes, obviously." I rolled my eyes and opened the door to my room.

"Go ahead." She shrugged. "The key is on the table."

"Thanks" I smiled and took the key, stepping into my room and opened the wardrobe to find nothing there.
I walked back out into the hallway and glared at Miss Clark.

"I really think you should wear the dress." She smiled.

"Where are my clothes?" I crossed my arms.

"I don't know, where are they?" She smiled innocently.

"Do you really want me to go look for them?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Do you really want me to stop being nice?" She asked.

"I can't walk around, wearing nothing but a towel." I snapped. "Just tell me."

"You've got a lovely little dress." She smiled, pushing me back into my room. "Don't be so dramatic, we'll be going shopping tomorrow anyway."

"Great." I muttered and took the dress, closing the door on her face and looked at it.

"You might want to get rid of that glass from the Tv." She said, walking downstairs as I dried my hair and put the dress on.

I tried to get all the pieces into a nice little pile on the floor before looking at myself in the mirror again.
I looked about 20 and sighed, tying my hair up before walking downstairs and into the kitchen to get something to eat. So I opened the fridge and decided to eat that last piece of cake, not caring about how unhealthy it was. I sat down by the table with it and ate with a silver spoon which I found in a drawer.

"Did you get that glass?" Miss Clark asked, sitting on the table in front of me.

"Yeah." I shrugged. "Problem solved."