The El Camino is Back!

It's Tuesday morning at 6:30 and I'm in the barn trying to get the El Camino into my trailer so that Jackie doesn't hear it and so I can take it to the shop to work on it. Chief, Shawn, and Monkey were going to meet me there since I didn't want to make too much noise with the car. I got the car into the trailer then I got into my truck and headed to the shop. I got to the shop and the guys got the El Camino out of the trailer and onto the car lift. I parked the truck and got out then walked into the shop. Chief came over and gave me a hug then Shawn came over and gave me a hug and a kiss.
"Chels, what made you bring the El Camino back out?" Monkey asked.
"Well when Jackie, Jessica, and I were kids, we said that if something were to happen to one of us, the others would get the car then if something happened to our cars, to use the other car as a backup." I said.
"And now that Jackies car is out of commission, we gotta get this one in race condition in case we need her to race." Chief said.
"Does she even know it's here?" Shawn asked.
"No. she doesn't even know that I have the car in my possession, in the barn at the house, and now she definitely doesn't know it's here." I said.
"Where does she think it's at?" Monkey asked.
"She thinks I have it at my house and stored away in the barn there." Chief said.
I started to zone the guys out as I started to work on the car. I was going over some of the parts since most of the engine was already done. I started to have trouble with a bolt but I didn't let anyone the guys know so I continued to work on the bolt. I finally got the bolt off and put it to the side. We finally got what needed to be fix, fixed.
"Let's start this thing up and take it to the track tonight and test it." Chief said.
I looked at Chief like he was nuts and he looked at me with a smile upon his face.
"Who is going to test it?" Shawn asked.
"I will in honor of Jessica." I said.
Everyone turned and looked at me.
"You sure sis?" Chief asked.
"You don't have to do that. I can test it." Shawn said.
"I want and feel like I should be the one that tests it." I said.
They all nodded their heads then I got into the car. I started it then Chief and Shawn helped direct me to backup and put the car into the trailer for later. We walked back into the shop and I grabbed a bucket to sit on while the guys grabbed other things. I looked st the guys and they looked at me.
"You okay Chels?" Monkey asked.
"Yeah I'm fine." I said looking down at the ground.
"No you aren't." Shawn said.
"Chelsea Shearer." Chief said.
"Justin Shearer." I said rolling my eyes.
"First off, no eye roll. Second off, I know there is something wrong." Chief said.
"Alright fine. I just kind of feel guilty for not telling Jackie that I have it. I mean I know that we both took it hard when Jessica died but we all did say that we would use the cars." I said.
"Sis, I know there was a reason that god didn't let you tell Jackie that you have the El Camino." Chief said.
"I know but how do I tell her that I have had it this whole time and have kept it a secret without her getting mad at me?" I asked.
"Why would I be mad at you?" Jackie's voice echoed through the shop.
I looked up and towards the door and Jackie was walking towards us. I got nervous and took a deep breathe then looked at her.
"You know how we said that the El Camino is at Chiefs house?" I asked.
"Yeah." She said.
"Well, the El Camino has been in my possession and it has been in the barn at the house with the derby car." I said.
"So did you even work on the derby car?" She asked.
"Yes I did but I also worked on the Camino so that it was ready for backup when we needed it." I said.
"But why didn't you tell me that you had it?" She asked having tears in her eyes.
"Because I didn't know how you were going to react to it. I figured that you would want nothing to do with it." I said.
"I would have came around to it but now I'm mad at you for not telling me about it." She screamed then walked out.
I heard her peel out of the parking lot and I looked at the ground and cried. I felt someone wrap me into hug and I knew it was Chief so I buried my face into his chest. I calmed down and looked up at him and he wiped my tears away off my face. I forced myself to smile but I just couldn't.
"Justin." I said in a shy, innocent voice.
"Yes sis." Chief said looking at me.
"Can I stay with you tonight?" I asked.
"Yes you can." Chief said.
"Shawn or Chief, will one of you guys test Jordan and see if she will meet you to give me some clothes?" I asked.
"I will." Chief said.
He looked at Shawn then nodded his head towards me then walked outside. Shawn came over to me and wrapped me into a hug. I started to cry and Shawn kissed my forehead. I smiled then laid my head on his shoulder and sighed.
"Guys can we work on something or do something so I can get my mind off of this?" I asked.
"Yeah let's go drag something with the truck." Monkey said.
"Lets go mudding on the four wheelers!" I said.
"Chels, isn't yours at the house?" Shawn asked.
I nodded my head.
"I'm going to go to the house and get your clothes. Do you want me to get anything else?" Chief asked.
"Yeah get my four wheeler and the derby car please." I said.
"Alright I will just for you sis." Chief said smiling.
"Thanks bro." I said.
"Shawn, you coming with me?" Chief asked.
Shawn looked at me and I nodded my head for him to go ahead. He kissed my forehead then they walked out of the shop. I looked at Monkey and he looked at me.
"Monkey lets go tear some shit up!" I said.
"There's mattresses out there so let's go!" He said.
"Yes!" I yelled.
We headed out to the barn to get the mattresses then we tied them to Monkey's truck then got in. Monkey started whipping the truck in circles and mud went flying everywhere. We tore up three mattresses before Shawn and Chief got back. Monkey parked the truck then we got out and walked over to the guys.
"Damn Monkey, now you need to go wash your truck." Chief said sarcastically.
"Now Chief have you ever seen this truck clean?" Monkey asked smiling.
"You got a point." Chief laughed.
"Who's idea was this though?" Shawn asked.
"Mine." I said while raising my hand.
We all laughed then I looked at them.
"Let's get the derby car out and work on it." I said.
"Go ahead and get in it then start it and I'll help back you up." Chief said.
I nodded my head then went into the trailer and got in the car. I started the car then Chief and Shawn backed me up. I pulled the car into the garage and parked it on the car lift. I shut the car off then got out.
"Alright boys. We need to make sure the frame is good and make sure everything is running good." I said.
They nodded their heads then we got to work on the car. We got the car checked and worked on a few things. Chief put the car in the trailer and we all got ready to go test the El Camino. I got in the truck with Chief while Shawn and Monkey got into Shawn's truck. We got to where we were going to test. I got my jacket on while the boys got the trailer unlocked. I got into the car and put my helmet on then I started up the car. I backed it out of the trailer then shut it off cause the guys were saying that there was a car. I waited till Chief gave me the go ahead to start the car again. I got the go ahead and I started the car then pulled onto the road. I did a burnout then the guys backed me up. I took off down the road and the car made a fast pass. I turned around and headed back to the trailer. I pulled the car into the trailer then I got out and took my jacket off then walked out to the guys. They locked up the trailer then looked at me.
"It G-Body shuffled a little to the left but it's nothing that we can't fix." Chief said.
"It definitely is loud. I was not expecting it to be this loud after sitting for a solid seven years." I said.
"I wasn't expecting it to run as good as it did. I thought it was going to break down half way through the pass." Shawn said.
"I did not know what to expect." Monkey said.
"Well guys let's get out of here so we don't get busted and we will talk more about this tomorrow." I said.
The guys nodded their heads then we all got into the trucks and left.

bbb