Chapter 1: Lilies With Secrets

Edited April 8th

lil·y

noun

plural noun: lilies

1.  bulbous plant with large trumpet-shaped, typically fragrant, flowers on a tall, slender stem. Lilies have long been cultivated, some kinds being of symbolic importance and some used in perfumery

He comes in everyday and buys a single flower.

Not just any flower, a lily. It is always a lily. I first thought that maybe he was sending flowers to his lover but you don't give your lover lilies, you give them roses. I then assumed that maybe his lover just liked lilies but that didn't seem quite right. If you were to give your lover a flower everyday, I am sure they would get tired of it really quickly and you'd be broke. But that's just my opinion.

Each time he comes in, he doesn't smile. He also doesn't make eye contact but makes sure to say thank you. I tell him not to mention it cause it gets a bit repetitive after awhile -- have I mentioned he has been coming into this shop for three months straight?-- but he shakes his head and says the same thing each time.

"The flower in the vase smiles but no longer laughs..."

I don't know what he means by it but deep down inside, it feels like he is giving me a code. Or maybe he just has been reading too many Chinese proverb quotes online. But that's just my opinion.

I took it upon myself to figure out what lilies mean, and was confused with my result. They can be used for the 30th anniversary which wasn't the answer I was looking for at all. The boy was obviously younger than that. But the second result of the lovely world we call the internet was innocence and purity.

Funny how this boy was driving me insane with all his confusing natures and I didn't know a thing about him. However, I could put together a bit with the knowledge I had.

Here is what I got so far: He is in his younger twenties. How do I know? His clothing style is fresh as hell and nothing older people would wear. He also seems very athletic. One time, when he was reaching up on the shelf to grab that final lily in stock, his shirt lifted and I seen a lovely pair of abs. (I swear I'm not a pervert but as a guy who hasn't been in a relationship like...Ever, you have to get yourself a little glimpse of some action. And let's just say he was some very attractive eye candy for my lonely soul)

Back to what I was saying....

In order to sum everything up, there is a very cute boy who comes into my flower shop everyday and he buys a lily. Just one. He says the same quote before leaving and that is all I have. Maybe one day I shall build up the courage to ask his name but for now, I am going to close down this shop and head home.

See you next week!

The silver haired male closed his dimly lit laptop and sighed softly aloud. Small rims of black lined his lower lid like a teenager telling their mother that "It isn't just a phase." Exhaustion from yet another long day of nothing.

"The struggles of a vlogger, huh?" He said into the darkness of the closed shop. Nobody around of course but the boy thought otherwise.
The silence of the shop seemed to ring in his ears. Believe it or not, he enjoyed it. Well, that and along with the clacking of keys on the computer when vlogging. It seemed to soothe his nerves and times like this were the only times things could be truly... Silent.
Picking up his keys, he took a whiff of the light and pleasant air. Being the owner and only worker of a flower shop not only put him in a bad place financially, but also made up for quite a boring life. The lack of friends and family around really tended to drive people insane and Viktor Nikiforov? Well, he was just one of them.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different outcome. So what exactly was he doing over and over again? Well, the answer is simple.

Each day, a man walks into his shop. He puts a goodmorning post on his vlog and expects comments only to receive none. He then turns the closed sign to open and waits for one customer. The customer comes and leaves with the same few words. He thinks that one day he shall say something different but the day never comes. When the sun goes down, he types up a vlog and heads home to sleep only to wake up again the next day and expect a different outcome.

Inanity? Or stupidity?

Viktor locked up the shop, enclosing all the pleasant scents behind him as he was met with the cold winter air. White flecks swirled around in the sky of navy, coming down and landing on the leather fabric of his trench coat that never seemed to leave his body.

One his father left behind when he had left him and his mom. Oh the memories. It's not like working at a flower shop would give you money to be buying fancy coats like that. Plus, despite the fact of how badly his mother spoke of his father, this seemed to be the only memory he had of him and it kept him safe from cold so why not?

Walking home, his black and slightly tattered combat boots crunched in the light snow beneath him that began to form from the swirling flakes in the sky. Weather really wasn't his friends. In the spring, it always rained so hard that nobody came to the shop and in summer, it was too hot and flowers died to easily. Winter? Well who buys flowers in winter other than...

That boy...

Plus, it always snowed in the winter and made Viktor's glasses fog. Yes, he wore glasses. It was that typical vlogger look he had. The nerd glasses with the skinny jeans and ankle boots and attempt at oversized sweaters.
He wasn't all that small so oversized sweaters? Well, they were a struggle to find in the young male sections without looking like an old obese man. But that was his opinion.

In other words, his gay clothing style matched his gay personality but that wasn't the focus.

The male only walked for another ten minutes or so before he came along his apartment building and looked up at it as it seemed to tower over him.

It was not much. Red bricks and a black roof. It, however, wasn't all that nice. The large spray painted gang symbol on the side wasn't a nice touch but...It is what it is. He had a roof over his head and that's all that mattered...Right?

"Home sweet home..." he whispered, walking up and unlocking the door.

Viktor made sure to close it behind him and not let anything inside but of course it was naturally cold. However, to fix that problem, the man tossed a few logs into the fire place and grabbed a nearby plaid blanket.

Just as he got settled, something seemed to turn a bit odd. Like a presence of some such. This was normal though, he always felt one. But this one...It didn't seem like the normals. A small constant thud came along the cherry wood floors and slowly towards the silver haired male on the couch like an oncoming stampede of...Four? Four individual stumps. A scratching possibly as well. Before Viktor could even lift his head, something pounced on him.

"Hey, stop licking me!" He grumbled to the giant dog above him. The dog seemed to not be phased by his words and mercilessly licked him, coating his face in that unpleasant saliva. The dog, however, did seem a bit familiar, he just didn;t know why.

This wasn't even the oddest part.

Looking past the dog, he seen something else. More like...
Someone else...

It was a boy. Not just any boy. The boy. And he had a look of horror on his face. 

~~~~~~

Well, there is my first chapter for my new story! I tried to make it somewhat decent. Not very exciting at the moment but I promise it will pick up. If you are coming here from Last December (My other fanfic), hello! I missed ya!!!

Much love, see you next week <3