8.Friendship

"He almost died you know" I felt tears starting to form in my eyes. Kaneki looked at my pained expression and once again avoided my gaze. "Let's go somewhere to talk." He suggested. "No... I-I don't want to talk to you." Kaneki looked at me in shock as tears started running down my cheeks. I then began backing away from them. "I don't want to." I hurried down the stairs and out of the café as I heard Touka shout my name.

I ran away to make sure no one would see me in this state. I couldn't belive it. Kaneki did that to Nishiki? I collapsed in a small park "This reminds me of the park we went to when I was young..." I said and sat down on a swing as the memories came back.

"Mom, I want to go on the swing! The swing mommy!" I ran to the swing and jumped up and down for mom to help me up. "Okay my sweat pea. But only for a moment" Mom lifted me up on the swing and pushed it. "Higher! Higher!" I laugher and giggled. It felt like butterflies was flying in my stomach. Then she stopped. "I want to swing more. More mom!" She looked at a tree not to far from the park in horror and fear. "(Y/n) we have to go" She grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the park before we started to run.

I felt a tear down my cheek. "Why couldn't I just have waited..." I looked down at my feet, touching the ground with them as I heard the sound of a bike stopping. "Hey are you alright?" A boy yelled, the sudden yelling caused me to jump as I looked at the orange haired boy and nodded. "It doesn't look like it." He made his way towards me and sat down on the swing next to me. "I'm okay" I said but my voice cracked. "It's just that... I came to think of something horrible, and it was my fault that it..." I said as I looked at the flower tattoo on my wrist. Tears started streaming down my face and the boy looked at me with a pained expression.

"I'm sure it wasn't your fault. Things that happend are going to happend no matter what. They're all meant to happen sooner or later." His words caused me to look at him, his brown eyes looked very friendly and it caused my face to heat up and blush. He chuckled at the blush covering my face before he flashed me a friendly smile. "I'm Hide." He said, still smiling. "I-I'm (Y/n)" I said and felt my cheeks heat up even more. His eyes somehow reminded me of Kaneki...

"I Injured him..."

I looked down at my feet as they were making marks in the sand. "Hide..." My words caused him to look at me while letting out a small "Humm?". "Do you think it is okay... If someone you lov-know hurt someone very dear to you..." I paused and thought of what I'd said. Was I just about to say someone you love? "-Do you think it's okay if they do that to protect someone very dear to them?" I looked at Hide with teary eyes. His face expression softened and he gave me a calming smile.

"Well, it was to protect..." Hide looked like he was thinking really hard to think of an answer. "It's..." He scratched the back of his head nervously. I let out a small giggle at his actions and he looked at me in shock but laughed to. "I think it's okay because the person protected a loved one, but... You could do it a different way. But if the person knew that he did something wrong, then they surely regret it. I'm sure he didn't do it to hurt you" He said calmly with a smile. His kind words caused me to blush as I thought about Kaneki.

I looked at Hide with a smile. "Thank you Hide, you really helped me." I said taking his hands in mine "I-It was nothing" He avoided my gaze as he blushed a bit. "I really have to go, but I hope to see you again!" I said as I walked of, waving at him. I need to talk to Kaneki.

The sky was dark but I could see a bit of the sun as it began to rise. "I haven't slept much lately..." I said as I made my way to Anteiku, when I arrived the sign on the other side said 'closed'. I looked down the street and saw some students. "He might be in school..." I followed the students but held my distance to make sure that they wouldn't think I was some kind of creep. when they arrived at the gate I saw Kaneki sitting on a bench, reading a book. It looked really peaceful and he looked calm.

I walked up to him while I looked down at the ground, he didn't seem to have noticed me. "Kaneki..." I said while making circles in the dirt with my foot. He looked at me in shock and curiosity while I continued.

Kanekis POV

(Y/n) looked really nervous, her (h/c) hair covered her (e/c) eyes as she avoided my gaze. "I-I'm sorry for yesterday I shouldn't have ran away like that." She looked to the side, The sun shone at her as her eyes shimmered and a faint blush could be seen on her cheeks. "But what you did was wrong, you could have solved it in some other way." She looked at me with a serious look on her face, The small feminine lips of hers was wet and pink. I felt something warm inside me as I daydreamed.

"What exactily happened?" She asked and the question pulled me back to reality. "As I said, he attacked me and my friend, he punched me in the stomach. Causing me to bleed and then he stomped on my friend's head, saying that he would eat him." I looked at her wide eyes as her mouth was opening and closing, it looked like she was about tell me that I was wrong, that he couldn't have done that. But he really did, it was Nishiki after all. "What made you change your mind? What made you come to the conclusion to talk to me after all?" the question suddenly escaped from my lips and her eyes softened. "I talked to someone..." She smiled while it looked like she was remembering something. "His name was Hide" She said with a smile. "Hide?" My eyes widened as she said his name. "Someone asking for me?" Hide had just arrived at the scene and he stood behind (Y/n).

Your POV

The sudden voice behind me caused me to jump and I looked back. "(Y/n)?" The boy behind me looked at me in shock. "What are you doing here?" His shocked expression softened into a smile. "I was just talking with Kaneki." I said and started to walk in the direction of the gate. "See you later Kaneki! And maybe you to Hide." I said as I exited the school.