~Welcome to Gotham~

Assignment 502:

Dear Ms. Seneca,

Long time no talk. I am cutting it short with the pleasantries because I am in need of assistance. I have just returned from my month long stay in Gotham City, USA. I was extremely put off by the amount of crime in the once great city of my forefathers. I want this fixed. Others have tried to fix this ever escalating catastrophe but I put my faith in no other but you. Get it done, girl. I have generated the fake I.D. of Cambria Dottson for you to take up. Shes a smart girl that runs a fashion label in England. Thanks to me, Cambria has been invited to the Wayne Gala. Introduce yourself and make more of an ID. You know the ropes. Have fun, but DO NOT forget what I asked. I have enclosed a bank card with an small amount of money to get you on your way. Serve me well Kanoa. ~ N. L. Winston ~

I shoved the letter back into my bag as I strutted through Gotham Central Airport. My hair was pinned in an elegant bun and my sleek black pencil dress hugged my curves. I had light makeup on and my nails were painted with lilac varnish. This was going to take some getting used to. Men winked at me as I walked and shouted foul cat-calls. I took everything I had not to turn and give them a few foul words back. I couldn't screw this up. Not like last time. I was 25 years old. I need to get a grip on my temper.

I have a meeting tonight. Not as the English fashion designer, but as Kanoa Seneca. I have arranged to meet with a man that claims to be fighting for the same things as I. He goes by Red and from what I have gathered, he has quite a high casualty rate. High casualty rate means big success. I am a girl of my pride. I have a reputation to uphold.

After the long ride to my new apartment I was ready to suit up and get moving. I shook my hair out and left it in my face. I layered my armored pants and shirt and loaded them with weaponry. Next was my signature red leather jacket and my clear aviator seeing glasses. I laced up my boots and snapped my utility belt around my waist and scaled the side up the fire escape until I reached the side walk.

According to my GPS I was one mile from Crime Ally, the agreed meeting place for me and Red. I didn't get the safest feelings from the idea of meeting in a dark ally in one of the most crime ridden cities in the world but thats how my job works. You will have confidence but the feeling of safety is something foreign. You always have to be on your guard or else you get killed. Thats an occurrence that I am all to familiar with that ties with wicked side effects.

I was one block away from Crime Ally when I skidded to a stop. A young girl on the other side of the street was being followed by a couple of street thugs. I took two throwing knives from my belt and sent them flying into each of the thugs thighs. The fell to the ground clutching their legs and the girl took off sprinting down the street. I smirked and continued on my way to crime ally.

The street lamp flickered as I turned into the ally. It didn't take a detective to realize that I was in the bad parts of Gotham. The windows on the apartments above were shot out and vines grew up the sides.

"home sweet home." I mumbled under my breath. A chuckle from above caused me to look up. A black haired man with a red helmet in his lap sat with his legs dangling off the roof of the building to my left. I slowly pulled my revolver from its holster and unclicked the safety.

" Hey there, calm down now. Its only me. Kanoa, Right?"

"Red?" I tried to sound more confident then I felt.

"Smart cookie, arent ya?" He hopped off the roof and down the fire escape to meet me in the ally. Naturally, I sized him up. A red domino mask covered his eyes and he had a mysterious white streak in the front of his hair. He was tall and had quite the build. Various guns were strapped various places and he would be quite terrifying if he wasn't wearing a toothy smile.

"So, Red, this is home?"

"you could call it that I guess."

"And you will assist me on my... assignment?"

"For the right price."

"Price? What kind of price?" I asked with my arms crossed over my chest.

He hummed "Princess doesn't care for that, does she? How about a deal then?"

"I'll consider." I fiddled with my fingers that now rested by my side.

Red rocked back and forth on his toes.

" Ill help you, if you help me."

"What exactly am I helping you with?"

"You-- GET DOWN" Red tackled me to the ground and fired two shots towards the opening of the ally. I looked up at where my head was to see a bloody throwing knife embedded in the brick.

"What the hell?" Red muttered.

"Uhh... that would be mine. The thugs were probably pretty pissed at me." I said standing up and pulling it out of the wall.

"Holy shit!" Red yelled.

"What?!"

"What do you mean 'What' you have one hell of a gash in your head!"

I reached up and felt sticky blood above my right eyebrow. Shit... I must have hit my head off something when I was tackled. Then the pain hit me. My vision swam and my knees buckled. I fell to the ground and held my head in my hands. the blood was running down my hands and face.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Red knelt beside me.

"Shit. Fuck. uh.. Keep your head up." He pulled my head up gently, which surprised me a great deal. He was gonna help me?

"Say awake okay. Keep talking to me." He pressed something to my wound and kept his focus on my face.

"I-I-" I couldn't string words to form a sentence together. I knew this was bad. What a great way to start off my adventure in Gotham. I felt myself start to loose capaciousness.

"Shit. Shit Shit." Red pressed his ear com. " Babs I -"

I blacked out. 

A/N:
Hello!!! Ive decided that I like this story enough to continue!!!! I will try to update as much as possible but I cant guarantee when the next update will be. Please comment what you think of this chapter. I love hearing your guys' ideas so If you have any ideas for this book please let me know!