Losing Myself

I sit in the doctor's office alone having no idea who I am. I can't remember how I got in this place, and, even worse, I can't remember my name. 

 Do you ever sit and wonder how your life came to be the mess it is? All I know is society took my identity away from me. By society, I mean the government. 

 "Ma'am," the nurse walks in, "your past life, family, and friends are gone. Your choices have caused you to become an identity wailer. Please, choose your name." I faded out everything from there. I tried to dig deep into my memories to find something that could tell me who I was, but the rumor was true. The corrupt government takes away what you know if you get too close to finding out the truth about them. 

 I thought to myself, "What did you find?" Nothing but emptiness. 

 I chose the first name that came to my mind, Em. I'm not sure why, but it felt right calling myself Em. A new nurse with a grey jacket came inside my room with food. I wasn't sure what time of the day it was. I took a deep breathe and tried to eat as she stared at me, but I couldn't. I just cried. My whole life was taken away from me. I had to start a brand new one with nobody to trust. 

 "I'm Nurse Grey. I know it's hard," she started to say, "but trust me you'll get through it." 

"How do you know?" I asked. She showed me the mark on her arm that showed she was once a newborn wailer. She sat in the same position as me having no clue who she was. How can someone get through something so horrible? 

 "There's this Wailer Support Group. That's where the owner helped me go to college to get my degree. His name is Dr.Hurburt on 1245 Addison Road." After being discharged, I opened the door, out of the hospital, to live my second chance. I'd have to rediscover what I like and who I am. I took a deep breathe as I walked my first step to my new life. 

"God," I thought, "please help me."