Bleeding Out

Excruciating pain fills my body. I can't go on anymore. Out of all people, why me? "You can't get away with this! You don't even know who I am! You just want to torture me because I'm a wailer!" His face grew a very surprised look. "You don't remember who I am? I loved you from the day I met you! How can you just forget me like that?!" "You're insane," I cried, "I have no idea who you are. I don't know what you're talking about!" 

He reached out of his wallet and showed me a picture of him and me. "You're name was Rachel in your past life. You had two loving parents who are trying to reach out to you, but I can't let them see you like this." He held a gun up to my head, "You ended our relationship because you wanted to live a 'free life! You ruined it all! I loved you, and that's how you repaid me." 

 I screamed for help. Me sitting here on this chair would be the last minutes I would live on Earth.  I felt like God was playing a prank on me. I wouldn't live a second life. 

"If you loved me," I cried all the tears my eyes could cry, "you wouldn't shoot me. Please, you can't expect me to remember you after I got my memory wiped!" Mascara ran down my face. I felt sorry for the person who would have to find a dead girl laying on the floor somewhere. 

Before he could get the guts to shoot me, the police came running in there, "Police! Put your weapon down, and get on the ground! Now!" They untied me, and I showed the guy in the mask the ongoing phone call with Jackson. 

"You shouldn't have pushed that button!" He seemed mad, but the policeman who was escorting him out of there forced him into the cop car. I was rushed to the Emergency Room before I had a chance to bleed out and die. 

Jack's POV

I stood in the waiting room as Em went into surgery. I thought of all the things I could've prevented by just making her stay. We could've hung out, and we would've had a lovely time. I waited a long 5 hours there before she got transmitted and awake in a hospital room. 

 "Are you a cat? I think you have nine lives." Em laughed, "Yeah, I'm on my third one. Don't tell anyone, though. It's a secret." I gave her a gentle side hug. I didn't want to end up hurting her. 

"I need to talk to you about something," Em looked at me as her face  filled with sorrow, "I'm frightened." I notice the small things about her. She tries to hold back the tears, but sometimes it all piles up. "Can you stay with me, please?" She made a spot beside me to lay next to her. She put her head on my shoulders, and I put my arm around her. 

Em's POV

I felt guaranteed safety in his arms. I was as tired as sleeping beauty, so I ended up falling asleep on his shoulders. I woke up to somebody shaking me. 

 "You need to get up!" I rubbed my eyes trying to look at who the girl was staring at me, "Who you are you?" She grabbed my arm, "It doesn't matter who I am. All that matter is they're coming after you!" I was confused, and my body was still aching from the surgery. "Who are you talking about?" We had run a couple of miles before we stopped. 

 "I can't tell you who I am, yet. Trust me when I say you need to follow me and come to the secret lair." I had no idea what secret lair she was talking about, but, in my heart, I could find some truth in her words. 

She led me down to an abandoned building that had been shut down, for what it looks like, years. The inside looked trashy, but the people in this lair had done some work downstairs. 

"Before I go on, I need you to tell me why I'm here, and who the hell is after me." 

"Listen, I know you don't trust me, but you used to." She pulled out a picture on her phone from Facebook. The profile was Rachel Igneus. Down below profile was posted by Samantha Em Igneus, "I know you can't remember me, but I miss you. Writing on this page gives me some source of hope that you'll just remember me." I sat down to take in what I just read. I chose the name Em because of my sister's middle name. Deep down, my heart still remembered her. 

"You're my sister?" A memory came to my mind. I was sitting next to a little girl with a birthday cake in between us. On one side it said 5 and another side, which was Samantha's, said 7. Our birthdays were close, so we celebrated them together.

"Yes," she smiled," but I need to ask you something." She gave a moment of silence, "Have you been getting the dream like memories that happen the next day?" I nodded my head. She sat down and looked surprised. In return, I asked, "Why? What's wrong?" 

"Nothings wrong. In fact, everything is great! You're- you're the propecy."