Chapter #3: Second Knot to Crossing Lines.

I walk through the fog with little to no problem which pleases me because it's not it's going to block me or do something weird like grab me or something. Boy, if only the folks at home could see me now with all this paranoia! I make my through the fog to see a decent sized log cabin which appears clearly the fog existing in a thick circle around the cabin. An alarming amount of space sits between the cabin and the fog. Yeah, something weird is definitely going on here. It seems like a normal cabin, it's small-medium in size and has its own stack of firewood on the outside next to the house on my left. There's even a little bit of smoke coming out of the chimney!

      Someone must have started it so someone is absolutely here. I crouched and sped walked over to the stack of logs looking for a stick. After fumbling about I found a stick about medium in length and thickness. I pulled my pocket knife out of my shoe and carved the tip a bit making sort of spear shape. "Stabby at the top, smacker at the bottom!" I mutter to myself while tucking the knife away. I grab the stick with my right-hand holding in a way so that the length is propped against my arm the spear part poking out a few inches in between my fingers. Remaining in a crouched position I make my way over to the cabin, up the stairs and tiptoeing on the porch. I notice the window here is open a tad. I poke my fingers in and slide the curtain out of the way. Skimming what looks like the living room I spot no one but a fire is definitely going.

      I stretch and walk upright to the door and knock a few times. "Hello? Is anyone home?" I call out. I wait a few minutes but nothing answers. Of course, typical horror movie scene right here! I mentally yell exasperated as I twist the knob. Surely enough, it's unlocked. Entering the house I shut the door behind me and skim the rooms. To my left is a small living room with a cozy looking couch and two chairs, a simple but polished wooden coffee table with a nice dark brown shade to it. The floor is made of smooth wood while the kitchen to the right has tile floors and is a bit dusty. I decide to keep searching around for any signs of humanoid life before I start snooping through cupboards and stealing.

      The cabin actually isn't too big comparing to how it appears on the outside. There's the entrance behind me, a living room to the left and a kitchen to the right. In the direct front of the front door is a small hallway with two sets of stairs one for each side. Underneath each set of stairs is a door leading somewhere. Sitting in front of me directly across the front entrance is a door to the back exit. Quickly pulling open the door to my right I raise my stick prepared for a fight, thankfully it's just a plain closet with a broom and dustpan inside. I repeat this defensive process when opening up the door to my left. I raise my stick the heavier part in the air as I open it up.

      Thankfully it's just the bathroom. It has a soft pale pink wallpaper along the walls and a smooth polished wooden floor, about the same dark oak brown as the coffee table in the living room. The toilet and cupboards are also white. On the rack beside the toilet on the left are some thick but soft towels. Within the medicine cabinet behind the mirror above the sink are some toothbrushes, toothpaste, and floss; deodorant and a pair of glasses. I raise a brow at the glasses. I turn my head a few times to check the surrounding area as if something were watching me before I pulled them out of the cabinet and stuck them in my pocket.

      The sink is clean. The cupboard underneath the sink is just some other cleaning products. The bathtub with its open curtain also remains clean. I blink and crouch to my feet wiping my index finger along the side of the bathtub. Dust. Examining the bathroom again I notice how the area is really dusty despite being so clean. On the side of the tub are various hygienic products such as shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, razors, soap, stuff like that. With a sigh of relief, I get back onto my feet and head out the bathroom and shut the door behind me.