Chapter 19

Hermione walked through the halls in a daze of sorts. She couldn't clear her head. Well, actually her head wouldn't allow her to think...

Except for what had happened with her and Severus. She walked into the chambers they shared.

Classes were over for the day. She walked to the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror as she looked at her refection.

Her eyes danced wildly. Her hair stood in all directions as usual. Her lips were a deep pink and slightly swollen from stolen kisses.

She ran her hand over her neck, sighing and closing her eyes as she did. Her head tilted back as she remembered his hands on her body. His lips. Everything.

She smiled to herself as she ran her fingers across her lips. Touching them gently, lightly.

Hermione opened her eyes to see her dilated pupils. She giggled at herself as she ran a bath.

She undressed slowly as the water got to the right temperature. Not scalding hot but not exactly warm either.

She got in and sighed at the pleasure it gave her. Goosebumps took over as she relaxed. Her hands, having a mind of their own, continued her earlier exploration.

She ran her fingers through her hair, across her skin, over her lips.

"That looks interesting," Severus said amusingly.

Hermione drew her breath in quickly as she gasped. She glared at him.

"That isn't funny," she said as she recovered from her shock.

"I apologise, my love. I didn't mean to frighten you," Severus answered as he sat on the bench next to her.

Hermione sighed. She couldn't be mad at him for not hearing him enter. It wasn't his fault.

She finished up while chatting to Severus. He helped her out as she wrapped a towel around herself.

She dressed into muggle clothes as she got ready for bed. Severus lay next to her as she slowly fell asleep.

Hermione woke with a start. She heard screaming, running and cursing.

Severus was already dressed. He looked at her with dread in his eyes.

"Stay here," he said as roughly as he could.

He knew what was going on. He knew who was there. He knew he had to stop them.

"What? Are you insane?" Hermione asked in disbelief.

"It's for your safety, woman," Severus said.

Before they kill you, he thought to himself as he rushed to the door.

"I can help, Severus!" Hermione argued.

"Not this time. Not this battle," Severus said grimly as he faced her.

"You don't have a choice. I'm going to fight," Hermione said as she brushed past him.

Severus pinched his nose between his fingers. His witch didn't understand. She wanted to help but she was the one in danger. He sighed. She didn't know that, of course.

Hermione tapped her foot impatiently.

"Fine, but woman," he said with a gruff voice,"stay behind me at all times."

She rolled her eyes as they exited the chambers.

Severus snuck upstairs with Hermione close behind. They stuck to the shadows so that they remained hidden for as long as possible.

"Snape!" A voice rang in the air. A cackling followed soon after.
"Snape, where are you?!"

Hermione felt suddenly cold. The hairs on her neck stood at end. Severus saw the fear in her eyes. He squeezed her arm gently. Then he vanished.

Hermione's eyes grew wild with fear and confusion. She looked around, searching desperately.

Severus was nowhere in sight. She straightened and held her chin up. She would fight. She would win. She would get her wizard back.

Even if that meant killing each and every one of these assholes. She would do it. And she would do it well, with pride.

She ran out into the open, away from safety and cover. And ran right into the sight of a beast of a man.

A follower of Bellatrix. An asshole. Hermione smirked. She could deal with him.

His eyes raked over her body hungrily. Until they stilled at her belly. His expression changed to disgust.

Hermione cringed at the look he shot her.

"Expelliarmus!"

His face turned to an expression of confusion. He looked at her with rage.

"Stupefy!" She yelled as he flew backward and crumpled in a heap.

She ran in search of Severus. She needed to find him. She needed to hold him.

Hermione flinched as something or someone flew past her. She flipped her head around to see. Her eyes widened. She couldn't think. She couldn't speak.

She felt sorry for the boy. He had been mean to her. He had threatened her. He had almost killed her. Yet as she stared at Draco Malfoy's limp body, she couldn't help but choke up.

He was dead. She wasn't sure if it was their side, or the other who had killed him. Hermione forced herself to look away.

Spells flew around the Great Hall as the battle raged on. Green and red alike. People fell on both sides. Her eyes filled with tears.

Why? Why was all of this happening? Why were the idiots even here? Was there a reason?

Her eyes met with Harry's across the room.  He ran to her and hugged her quickly.

"We have to get out of here," he said with urgency as he tugged on her arm.

She pulled back. Harry looked at her in confusion.

"I can't," she said as she shook her head.

"Why not?" Harry groaned as he tugged again.

"I can't leave him, Harry," she said softly as a lump rose in her throat.

Harry sighed. He didn't have to ask. He knew who she was talking about. Damn, why the hell did she love the man so much? He looked into her eyes.

"I'm doing this for him," Harry said with a deepness in his voice.

"What?" Hermione asked in shock as she was pulled back into the dark hallway.

"He made me promise. Dumbledore made me promise," Harry said as they headed further into the dark.

Hermione's mind reeled. Severus asked Harry?

She barely heard her footsteps echoed on the walls as Harry dragged her to safety.

Where the hell was he? Where was Severus?!

***

Hey everyone, hope you're enjoying the story!

Due to a headache and little one being difficult, I will only upload again tomorrow.

Enjoy!

Love you all!

Nici

♡ ♡ ♡