Chapter 25

Hey all, sorry for slow updates. Little one has come down with something so she's quite difficult. Will update as I can until she's better. Love you all. And thanks for getting me to 1K!

"What?!" Hermione's voice echoed off the walls.

"I'm sorry. She got away," Dumbledore said as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

Severus and Hermione sat in the headmaster's office, staring at him in disbelief.

"How the hell did that happen?" Hermione demanded as she stood and put her hands on her hips.

"We're not sure. We thought she was dead. We assumed they disposed of her body. All I know is that she was sighted," said Dumbledore in a strained tone of voice.

Hermione sighed. She couldn't be mad at him. It wasn't his fault Bellatrix LeStrange somehow managed to escape.

At least now I can kill the bitch, Hermione thought to herself as a smirk played across her lips.

Severus looked at her with concern.

She's not yout typical witch, my love, he answered her comment.

She glared at him and pulled her lips into a thin line.

Severus shrunk into his chair, away from her gaze.

McGonagall gave the sleeping bundle in her arms to Severus. He took her gladly, grateful for having an excuse not to look to see if Hermione was still glaring.

"Where?" Hermione asked as she faced Dumbledore yet again.

"Somewhere close. I can not tell you the exact location as I myself do not know," Dumbledore said with a shrug.

McGonagall sighed as she placed her hand on Hermione's shoulder. The girl had been through so much, yet it seemed it was only going to get worse.

"I will find her,"Severus said as he stood.

Hermione turned on him.

"You. Will. Not." She snarled at him with wild eyes.

"She'll just try to get me anyway," Severus argued.

McGonagall took Bree as she started fussing and left the room.

"I don't care. You are not making it that easy for her. If she wants you she better damn well work for it," Hermione said as her blood boiled.

"My love, I don't like it either but there's nothing else we can do," Severus said, trying to reason with the livid witch.

"There is something else. We make her wait," Hermione said in a voice that made hid blood run cold.

"Perhaps Hermione has a point, Severus," Dumbledore said as he stood to face both of them.

"Albus, not you too," Severus groaned as he placed his face in his hands.

"She makes one hell of an enemy," Dumbledore said as he winked at his favorite student.

"Oh bloody hell! She isn't making sense," Severus argued with a raised voice.

"Severus,"Hermione warned,"I will not lose you to that woman. She will not win this time. Even if I have to kill her myself."

Severus looked at her, speechless. He had no way to answer or argue with her. She was bloody good!

"My my," Dumbledore said, amused,"Severus Snape, outdone by his student."

"Oh, shut it,old man," Severus mumbled as he made his way out the door.

He heard the distinct giggle of Hermione as he made his way down the stairs, followed by Albus' soft chuckle. Damn that witch, she had everyone on her side!

Severus was lost in thought all the way back to the dungeons. Perhaps he could think of something before Hermione arrived.

When he entered, not seeing Bree, he guessed Minerva had taken her for the night. She had done it a few times before when they had been hopeless without sleep.

He whistled as he waited for Hermione to come down. He decided on a shower to pass the time.

Hermione burst into the room. He peeked his head around the corner, wrapping his towel around him.

"Hello, my love," he said, only to pull his head back before hearing shattering glass.

"Don't "Hello, my love' me," she snarled as she grabbed a book and say on the sofa.

"Are you alright?" He asked, still staying behind the wall.

"Peachy," she hissed,"just bloody peachy."

He frowned deeply. Surely he couldn't have upset her that much? He peeked again to see her reading.

"Hermione, I--" he started only to be interrupted.

"You nothing. You are going to bed and leaving me alone," he said, sounding hurt.

"Hermione, my love, please," he begged.

"Shove off," she hissed back at him.

He frowned as he tried to figure out what was wrong with his witch. She sure had a temper on her. He let it go as he went to make tea.

He thought he heard her move, only to see she was in the same position as she had been when he passed her.

He opened his mouth to speak.

"Oh shut up, Severus. I don't want to hear any of your dam excuses. Just leave me be," she said in a soft voice.

Severus started to turn away, when he decided against it.

"Screw this," he muttered as he lifted her and planted fiery kisses on her lips.

Hermione struggled out of his grasp. She stared at him in anger.

Smack!

Severus felt his cheek start to burn. She had bloody slapped him!

"What the hell?" He growled as he rubbed his cheek, which felt as if it were on fire.

"I don't want your kisses, hugs, nothing. You'll just get yourself killed and leave me behind," Hermione said as she started sobbing.

He blinked. Once. Twice.

That's what she was on about? That was it the entire time?

"Hermione--"

"I can't care for you if you're so willing to meet your death, Severus. You have to decide. Do you want to die? Or do you want me? I can't have this being a one way thing," Hermione said in between sniffling.

He let her words play through his mind. Had she just threatened to leave him?

"No, Severus. I did not. But I need to know you will not endanger tour life for some desperate slut seeking attention," Hermione answered as she looked at him with tears in her eyes.

He fell to his knees, crawling to her. He held her tightly, feeling his own eyes start to water.

"I choose you, Hermione," he said as a tear escaped his eye," I always choose you."