Chapter 1

Your POV:

I've been wandering across the country for... I don't remember how long. I honestly don't care where I am... As long as I can get away from... Them. They keep haunting me... They made me watch my family die right in front of me... To think that I would've been on the menu next... My family shouldn't of died that way... Their flesh being hacked away, bit by bit... I honestly just wish I could just end my life here and now... And be with my family again... My parents... My brother... I shook the suicidal thought out of my head, taking a deep breath, sitting in a corner of an old apartment bedroom. I took my canteen out to take a drink of what water I had left but... None. I banged on the bottom of the canteen, trying to get a single drop, but absolutely no water. I sighed and dropped the canteen next to me, hugging my legs to chest trying to stay calm through this Apocalyptic nightmare. Then I heard footsteps, I slowly pulled my pistol from my belt, ready to fire if I had to. I started to hear faint voices coming from outside the room, so I quietly made my way to a closet and closed the door, leaving a slight crack so I could see what was going on outside. I heard footsteps coming into the bedroom I was in, I loaded my gun as one with brownish orange hair came to the door. I raised my gun, pointing at his head. "Put the gun down. And nobody gets hurt." The next thing I knew there was a splitting pain in my leg, sending me crashing to the floor, screaming in pain.

Nicks POV:

"Shark, Ak, you guys check the Bedrooms and Bathrooms. Ghetto and I will check the Kitchen and the living room." Shark and Ak nodded and went to the back of the Apartment. I started checking around the living room, seeing candy wrappers all over the floor along with a few empty water bottles and a few ripped blankets scoured on a torn F/C couch. "Hey it looks like someone lives here..." Ghetto laughed from the kitchen, so I went to see what he was giggling about. I took a peek inside to see him sitting in front of a cabinet packing his entire bag full of cans of peaches. "Hey! Save some for us!" He looked at me and slung his bag over his shoulder smirking. "Finders keepers." I was about to make a comment but was interrupted by a gunshot and screaming. Ghetto and I exchanged worrisome looks and ran to a back bedroom to see Shark and AK pointing their guns at a Girl laying on the ground in front of a closet crying out in pain. "Oh my god what happened?!" AK glanced at me then returned his gaze back to the girl. "She was hiding in the closet with a pistol." I looked back to the girl and saw her leg, blood spilling out from a bullet hole in her blue jeans. Her Long H/C hair laying in front of her face and off her shoulders. (Srry if you have short hair but you have long now x3)
"D-Don't shoot! Please!" She gasped in pain as she tried to move her leg. 'She needs medical attention' I looked to the girl, "Stay here." She rolled her eyes, "Well I can't exactly move Smart One!" I frowned and beckoned the rest of the gang into the hallway. "Hey, guys she needs help. We gotta take her back to D.C." They all looks at me as if I were insane. AK walked up to me almost furious. "Nick are you crazy?! She tried to kill me and Shark!" I honestly was almost at a breaking point. "AK! Anyone scared would've done the same thing! She was probably just being cautious! Any of us would've done the same! Now WE are gonna take her back to D.C so Doctor Jin can patch her up!" Before I came back into the room, I heard a Yelp of pain. I rushed back into the room to see the girl laying on the floor unconscious. I knelt down beside her and picked her up bridal style and headed out with the gang back to D.C. 'I know I just met her but... She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.'