Chapter 2

Nicks POV:

I held the girl in my arms as we reached D.C. Ask and Shark ran up ahead and got the gates open while Ghetto ran inside to get Doctor Jin. Barney, Sky and Jess crowded me as I walked into the base with the girl in my arms. "Who the heck is that?!" Sky looked at the unconscious girl in my arms as I speed-walked to Doctor Jin's Lab. "AK shot her in the leg in an Apartment building we were scouting." I ran into Jin's lab already seeing that he was laying out some medical equipment next to a table with Ghetto standing next to him. "Ah, there you are Nick! Gently set her down here!" Pointed to the table as I slowly laid her down, seeing now a large bloody patch on her leg. Jin ripped off over half of her left Jean leg so he could access the wound on her upper leg. "Nick, I need you and ghetto to hold her down while I extract the bullet." Ghetto and I nodded as we each held down one side of her. She gasped in her sleep as Jin took the bloody bullet out. "Ok, no more bullet. Now for the stitches and wrappings..." I sighed as Jin started to sew up the wound on her leg. I looked back to her face, pain spread throughout her sleeping face. She had a slight gasp every now and then from the pain. I don't know why but... Whenever she gasped in pain, it hurt me... I didn't like seeing her in pain... She has been the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen. I shook my head of the odd thought. "Okay done!" I looked up from her face to Jin finished with wrapping her leg up. I slightly frowned at the sight of blood, slowly seeping into the bandages. I flinched at a hand on my shoulder. "Nick don't worry. She'll be fine. I have a spare bedroom over there if you want to let her rest in there. She'll probably be more comfortable on a bed." I smiled to my friend, "Thanks Jin." He smiled, "No prob, that's what friends are for." And with that I picked her up and took her to the spare bedroom, laying her on the bed then pulling a blanket over her. I pulled up a chair in a corner of the room by the door, waiting for her to wake up. I then ran my mind through the day's events, realizing how tired I was. My eyes slowly became heavier and heavier, pulling me into a peaceful slumber.

Your POV:

I felt pain stinging throughout my leg, like a knife cutting through my flesh. I slowly opened my eyes, moaning from the pain. 'Where am I? All I can remember is... Oh no...' I slowly sat up, looking around to see a off-white room with shelves with towels, medical supplies and other random stuff. I was on a white bed with an F/C blanket on top of me. I tried to move my leg but felt a sharp pain shoot through me. "GNAH!" I held a my leg in pain, tears slowly running down my cheeks. "Hey you ok?" I bolted my head up to see a guy with brown hair, and a black and red shirt with a large white 'M' in the middle. "Wh-Who are you? Wh-Where am I?!" He got up from his chair and walked over to me. "Hey it's ok... Your at my groups base! I'm sorry about my friend shooting you. He gets overprotective over all the others... Anyways I'm Nick!" He held his hand out to me. I hesitated for a moment, remembering what happened last time I trusted someone I didn't know. But something seemed different about this guy... He seems nice... Then I finally took his hand and shook it. "It's nice to meet you Nick..." I let a small smile grow from the corner of my mouth to him. "So what's your name?" I bit my lip. 'Should I trust him?' I thought for a moment. "I-It's Y/N..." He smiled. "Well it's nice to meet you Y/N." Then the door opened to a guy in a white lab-coat with Black hair hanging over one of his light brown eyes. "Oh your awake! I'm Jin, the scientist and/or Doctor here." I shook his hand as I did with Nick. I tried to sit up a little straighter but another whip of pain shot through my leg, making me cry out in pain. Jin rushed over to the side of the bed my leg was hurting on and pulled back the blanket. I became wide eyed at the sight of blood seeping through the bandages wrapped around my leg. Then I frowned when I noticed that my left Jean leg was completely torn off from about my hip down. "Did you really have to rip my jeans?" Jin rubbed the back of his head. "Well how else was I suppose to wrap up your gunshot wound and stitch it? Sew your jeans into your leg?" I smirked and rolled my eyes at his humorous comment. I chuckled, "Guess you gotta point." Jin grabbed a first aid kit from a cabinet next to my hospital bed and set it down, grabbing a roll of fresh, clean bandages. "Y/N I don't know how you are at the sight of wounds but I'm gonna need to redress your gunshot wound so... Either just sit back and relax! Or close your eyes if ya don't like blood..." I bit my lip and closed my eyes taking a deep breath while Jin wrapped up my leg again. "Ok you can open your eyes now." I peeked my eyes open at my leg and gave a sigh of relief, seeing it was Freshly wrapped with white bandages. "Well Y/N, you may have to stay bedridden for a bit so your leg can heal properly, but only for about a week or so." I smiled to Jin and told him thank you, but stopped by Nick before as he left the room. "And Nick, you may want to clean your shirt." I looked at Nick, both of us surprised at the sight of a blood patch on his sleeve. "Well I'd better go and change this. I'll check on you later ok, Y/N?" I smiled and nodded, earning a Sweet, heartwarming smile back from him as he went out the door, gently closing it on the way out. I got into a more comfortable position in my bed. Realizing how tired I was, I pulled the blanket over me letting myself fall into a deep slumber with only one thing crossing my mind.

'I think I may have a home again...'