Chapter 9 Things I'll Never Say

"Do you want something to drink?"

Ha ha ha.... If only that could sound natural, maybe I would have said yes. But no.

Because I was... TIED TO A F****** CHAIR IN FRONT OF THE GUY I HATED THE MOST IN THE WORLD... and possibly loved...

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

"Untie me." I threatened giving him my coldest stare I could muster.

He smiled lightly and continued pouring the orange juice. "No can do Princess."

I clenched my teeth to keep from saying words that coursed through my head at the moment. None good.

I sighed taking a deep breath. "James why are you doing this?"

"Because it's fun?"

"I'm serious."

"Maybe I am too."

That's when I looked at him, I mean really looked at him. He wasn't that quirky little boy I knew all those years ago. No, he was matured and looked almost like an adult. He grew up.

"Why..." I whispered.

We were locked into a staring contest each penetrating the others gaze. He studied me as I did the same to him.

"If I asked you to kiss me would you say yes?" He asked watching me from the corner of his eye.

My own eyes probably widened to the size of watermelons "I...I"

Out of nowhere he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into his lap.

"What are you afraid of Elle?"

"Everything!" I don't know why I said it, but I did. I wasn't born to deal with emotions.

Then clear as day in my head I heard her.

"Noelle, you have to promise me something."

"What's that?"

"No matter what happens. never lose to anyone, okay?

"But why?"

"You'll understand when your older. Can you make a promise?"

"Yes..."

"I won't always be here. I want you to wear a special crown in my place."

"Why? Where are you going?!"

"I'm leaving, I don't think I will ever be back. Please don't blame yourself, I really want to stay."

"..... Why can't you stay...?"

"I'll tell you a secret. I really did try, I tried so hard it hurt. But it was never enough. I just wasn't good enough. But you are. I'm leaving and I won't be back, but your still here."

All those things you told me, were just more made up stories you loved to write. I am forever trapped as a character in your story. One you never finished.

And never will.