Chapter 1

Emily couldn't wait for Juan to come home so they could spend their very first Christmas together as a couple. But even though she was so excited to finally get to see him since he left she couldn't help but get a bad feeling that he's keeping something from her. It had been 2 and a half months since she had last talked to him and his tone wasn't at all like it was before he left on tour. She decides to call Sonny and see if he knows anything.

Meanwhile Sonny is at Kelly's talking to Jason about business when his phone rings. He grabs it out of his pocket and sees the caller I'd. "It's your sister. It must be about Juan."

Jason nods his head.

"Go ahead and take it. Tell her that I'll be by for grandmother's birthday party tomorrow."

"Will do. I'll see you later."

Sonny replies before he gets up and walks out of Kelly's. Once outside he answers the call.

"Emily, sweetheart. Is everything all right?"

"I'm so sorry to bother you. I know that your very busy. You know what. It's all right. Forget that I called."

Emily replies as she goes to hang up.

"Emily, honey. Calm down. Where are you?"

Sonny asks wanting to know so he can head over to see her.

"I'm at the mansion. Are you sure?  I don't want to be a bother or get in your way."

Emily replies back to Sonny as she can't take her eyes off of the bouquet of roses.

"Emily, you'll never be in the way. I care about you so much.  You know that. We've been through so much together. There's nothing that I wouldn't do for you. You can always count on me. I can send Johnny drive over to get you and have him bring you to the penthouse if you want." Sonny says.

Emily smiles through the phone.

"I'd love that. I can't wait to see you. I've missed you so much."

Sonny smiles through the phone as well.

"I've really missed you too, sweetheart. I brought you back some things from my trip."

"You did? You didn't have to do that. I bought something for you, too. I'll see you soon. I love you, Sonny." Emily replies smiling.

"Count on it. I love you, too, sweetheart." Sonny says smiling to himself.

About 10 minutes later Johnny arrived at the Quartermaine mansion to pick up Emily.

There's a knock on the door.

"I'll get it."

AJ says as he answers the door. "Yes, how may I help you?"

"I'm here to pick up Ms. Emily Quartermaine."

Johnny replies.

"On who's order?"

AJ asks.

A few minutes later Emily returns downstairs with her overnight bag. "All right. You didn't tell him where your taking me, did you Johnny?"

"No, of course not." Johnny replies.

Emily smiles at her big brother.

"Good, see you later big brother."

Just as Emily and Johnny are about to leave Lila is being wheeled into the foyer.

"And where may I ask are you going on a school night, young lady?"

"I'm off to spend the night at a friend's house. I'll be home tomorrow after school.' Emily replies as she walks over towards her grandmother and kisses her cheek.

Lila smiles at her granddaughter as she whispers in her ear.

"Your going to see Mr. Corinthos, aren't you?"

Emily pulls back and nods her head as she looks at her grandmother. "It's about Juan."

"Very well. Do tell him I said hello and to please come by for tea."

Lila replies smiling at her granddaughter.

Emily smiles at her.

"Will do. I love you, grandmother."