Chapter 2

Lila can tell by the sound in her granddaughter's tone that her heart is broken and that right now the only person who can help fix it is none other than the one person who she had felt close to aside from her brother and that was none other than Sonny Corinthos the man that would be able to be there and understand what she could be feeling. She wasn't worried although now that she was older and in high school there was a part of her that was worried that there could possibly be feelings there neither of them had thought about let alone would act on them. That could very well end in a total disaster but then again she had seen the two of them together over the years and they had grown to be very good together. Emily pulls back from the hug and looks at her grandmother and then leans in and whispers in her ear.

''Don't worry. I promise to behave myself. I'll be back tomorrow after school.''

Lila couldn't help but smile at hearing her granddaughter's words and knowing all to well that she had a huge crush on the town's incredibly handsome and extremely sexy who has a pair of dimples that with one look at them they can make you go weak in the knees really quick. She was sure that with Juan having been away on tour these past few months and not taking the time to at least call Emily once but instead he had sent her a letter saying that he was sorry for doing this but that he had met someone while on tour and that he was going to be a father and that he never meant to hurt her and that he'd hoped that one day that she could one day she could forgive him. Now here she was 3 days after receiving the letter and about to go and spend some time with the one person who would understand and know exactly what she was going through.

Lila pulls back so as to whisper in Emily's ear

"Please don't do anything that you'll end up regretting later. But then again if I were your age again I'd probably be doing the exact same thing."

Emily can't help but smile and let out a little laugh hearing her grandmother's words. She then pulls back from the hug so as to kiss her cheek before giving her a wink.

''I'll be sure to tell Sonny to come by before I leave the penthouse for school.''

All of a sudden Alan walks down the stairs having overheard that last part of the conversation looking extremely infuriated.

''Excuse me! Where did I hear you say that you were going to be staying the night! There is no way in hell that your going anywhere near Harbor View Towers so that you can stay with that low life criminal! Your staying here!''

Emily looks from her father then to her grandmother when Lila gives Emily a smile.

''Emily, you and Johnny get going. Mr. Corinthos is waiting for you. You don't want to keep him waiting. Don't you worry about your parents or your grandfather. Leave them to me. Go and have fun.''

''Thank you, grandmother. I love you. Sonny and I will be by tomorrow after school, okay.'' Emily tells Lila smiling.

''All right, dear. I know how much he means to you, He has come to mean a great deal to me as well. I hope that he can help you heal and give you what you need to try and start to move on now that Juan has. So quickly after having gone from long distance relationship to now that he is a married man and is soon going to be a father.''

Lila tells Emily as she leans in and strokes her cheek.

''We better get going. I'll see you tomorrow.''

Emily says as she goes to get her suitcase when Johnny beats her to it.

''I got it, Emily. I'll take your bags.''

Johnny says as he takes them while she opens the door and they head out to the limo and he puts her bags in the trunk before he goes over and opens the door for her so she can get in.

About 15 minutes later Johnny arrives at Harborview Towers and parks in the garage before he gets out and goes to open the door for Emily and then helps her with her bags as they then head up to his penthouse in the elevator. Only to get there long enough to see Carly walking out of Sonny's penthouse.

''Johnny, what are you doing here and why did you bring Emily here?'' Carly asks curiously as she crosses her arms.

Just as he's about to answer her Sonny stands in the doorway as he smiles at Emily giving her a glimpse of his dimples as he walks over and reaches out his hand to her.

''Emily, your here. Thank you, Johnny for going to pick her up. Come on in. I have everything ready for our night in. Come on, it's been a long time since the two of us sat and caught up. I hope that Lila was all right with you coming.''

Emily returns the smile as she takes his hand as he leads her into the penthouse.

''Yes, she was fine with it. My dad on the other hand didn't want me to come and spend time with you. Did my grandmother happen to tell you why I needed this time with you?''

Sonny turns to look her in the eyes and he can tell that she's on the verge of tears as he leans in and starts to dry away her tears.

''Hey, sweetheart. Come here. Tell me what's wrong? What has you so sad? Whatever it is I want to try and help make you feel better in any way I can.''

Emily looks into his beautiful chocolate brown eyes as she takes a deep breath.

''I got a letter from Juan a couple of days ago and in the letter he says that he's so sorry and he never intended to hurt me but he met someone else and they fell in love and now they're expecting a baby.''

Sonny looks at her as he gently takes her hand in his as he pulls her into him so as to hug her.

''Oh, Angel. I'm so sorry. You deserve so much better. You deserve a man who will be 100% devoted to you and only you for as long as you both shall live.''

Emily lifts her head so she can give him a smile as her tears still continue to fall when he goes to wipe them away only to cup her face in both of his hands and then before either of them can stop or think about anything Sonny leans in and gently kisses her while he lets his hands run down her body while her hands run up his chest so she can start to unbutton his shirt.

''Oh, wait! Angel, we can't. It's not right.''

Sonny says to her.

Emily looks at him sadly.

''Oh, I get it. It's because I'm Jason's little sister, right?''

''No, Emily. It's because you deserve to have your first time be with someone who you care for and who cares about you in the same way.''

Sonny replies to her.

''Aren't we doing that? I mean, you do care about me, right? I mean, we are friends, aren't we? And we have been spending a lot of time together ever since Juan left. I really enjoy spending time with you. I've found myself anxious and excited to see you everyday. Sonny, what I'm trying to say is that.... since Juan left I found myself developing feelings for you and they just keep growing stronger and stronger everyday.''

Emily says to Sonny as she holds his hand.

Sonny smiles at her giving her a glimpse at his dimples as he leans in and strokes her cheek.

''Oh, Angel you shouldn't have said that. You'll get over me eventually. Trust me, as soon as school starts and you start to make new friends with Elizabeth and Lucky while at school and you'll be able to tell yourself Sonny who.''

Emily looks at Sonny as she shakes her head no.

''That would never happen. And you want to know why? It's because what I feel for you comes from a place from deep inside of me that I have never felt before. I respect that you don't return my feelings and that you probably never will but just know that no matter what happens that you will always be the only man who captured my heart ever since I was eleven. I guess I better get going.''

Emily let's go of his hand and goes to leave when he grabs her hand again as he gently pushes her up against the door as he leans in and whispers in her ear.

"Don't go. Your right. I do. I do want you. I want you more than anything. Stay with me tonight.''

Emily looks at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Are you sure?"