Chapter 2

Harry's POV

"Get up all of you!" Mrs. Weasley called from the kitchen. Harry was tired and could probably have slept for a bit longer but he decided to get out of bed anyways. He was staying at the Weasley's place and was more than happy to, so that he wouldn't have to stay with the Dursley's. School was going to start soon and he was going to go shopping that day (which is much more exciting in the wizarding world than it is in the muggle world).

Even though Voldemort had been defeated, professor Mcgonagall, who had taken the place of professor Dumbledore, decided that the graduating grade of last year (Harry's grade) could come back for one more school year. That was because last year, the battle between Voldemort and the wizards on Harry's side had not made it possible for the students at Hogwarts to have an actual proper school year.

He was going downstairs when he noticed that Ron was still in his room, so he knocked on the door. He heard a muffled "Come in". Harry walked through and saw that his friend was just getting out of bed.

"Early bird gets the worm," Harry said.

"I've tried slugs, I don't think I need any worms right now," Ron still looked a bit tired but he grinned, "Oh yea! We're going to Diagon Alley today, aren't we?"

"Yea, so you better get ready," Harry raced downstairs, with Ron quickly changing in his room.

When he got downstairs, he realized that he and Ron were the last ones there, but he was still able to get a seat next to Ginny. "Hermione will be meeting us at Diagon Alley," she said and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

After finishing up his eggs and bacon, Harry went back to the room that he was staying at. After a few minutes, Ron came in, "We're going now."

"To Daigon by floo powder?"

"Yea, but hopefully you won't end up in the wrong place again," Ron laughed.

When everyone was downstairs again, the Weasleys and Harry circled around the fire place. George went first with the floo powder, then Ginny, then Mrs. Weasley, then Ron, and last, Harry. He threw the powder, said "Diagon Alley," as clearly as he could, and quickly found himself there.

George saw him and gave him a thumbs up for not messing up.

"Okay, everyone's here," Mrs. Weasley smiled, "George you can go look around on your own, but don't blow anything up. I will go with Ginny to help her get her school supplies. And Harry and Ron can go get their things for school together. We'll find each other after we get what we need, everyone understand?"

The four of them nodded and headed off to buy their things. Ron and Harry decided to go to Flourish and Blotts first to get their books.

"Okay, you have the list?" Asked Ron when they got there.

"Yea, let's go to the transfiguration section first because that's the first book on the list." Harry answered.

Not even a minute after he said that, a familiar voice called to them, "There you two are. I was looking for you!" They turned around and saw Hermione.

"Sorry, we just got here," Ron said and gave her a hug.

"And I'm guessing that you need help finding your supplies for school?"

"We can do it ourselves you know... But it would take a bit longer..." Ron said.

They had gotten their books and the the three of them were on their way to get their robes when somebody almost tripped Harry. He looked up and saw Draco Malfoy.

"Potter! What a surprise to see you here. I see that you have your friends with you." He smirked.

"Leave us alone, Malfoy. I don't want to waste my time bothering with you," Harry tried to walk away.

Draco stepped I'm front of him so Ron tried to push him out of the way, "We're not looking for a fight so back off."

"Don't push me idiot!" Draco tried to grab Ron's shoulders but Harry quickly shoved him away.

Draco stumbled back but bumped into somebody. He was tall, muscular, and had black hair. "Watch were you're going dude." Something about the way he talked seemed a bit strange. It took Harry a moment to realize that he had an American accent.