Part I

Hiiii!!! I'm so happy you checked out my story!! Previously known as "Letting Go" and "Kissing James Goodbye" haha I change the title a lot. I'm very indecisive. Sorry if anyone was confused.

This idea was originally only dialogue. I decided to change that and I'm proud to say I'm happy with the result. There may be errors, I will go back and reread and edit all my chapters later.  First off, this chapter is longggg. So I apologize for that. Well, good news is you can enjoy a nice coffee or tea and read.

Secondly, this is a very original idea. Please don't plagiarize. I know my story. And I will know if you copy it. This is purely for people to enjoy reading it as much as I love writing it. Thank you and happy reading!

Warning: Heart pulling scenes ahead

((((((( part I )))))))

The bright, full moon lit up the dark forest. Some of the glow cracked through the tall tree branches and shined on the path in front of the two figures. A girl trails after the man, hiding herself easily behind the thick trunks in order not to alert him of her presence. 

  Levinia shivered, rubbing her hands on her arms to create at least a little friction to warm herself. She noticed that the air was colder than usual, considering that summer had just begun. After overhearing her best friend, James, mention something about leaving, she had been keeping a close eye on him. He hadn't said anything to her and now in the middle of the night, he was leaving. Without a note or trace. Did their friendship mean nothing? Did he not trust her enough?

During the conversation she had eavesdropped on, James had sounded so heartbroken. At such a loss of what to do. Usually he would come to her for advice, but this time, he gave no inclination for any sign of help.

Up ahead she saw him stumble; catching himself with a hand to a tree. His whole figure shook with fear or sadness -Levinia wasn't sure what- but she couldn't hold back anymore. Hearing his sobs was destroying her. She rushed up to him, exposing her hiding spot and standing in front of him. She gripped his forearms to give support. His automatic reaction was to pull away until he realized who was holding him.

His usual shinning piercing green eyes that looked into hers were now hollow and distant. His cheeks glistened underneath the moonlight. They glistened, Levinia realized, from tears. Dark rings held shadows under his eyes. She had noticed them before, only now they had become ten times worse.

"Levinia," his shaking voice startled her, full of unmistakable fear and shock. "What are you doing out here?" Just the tone of his voice caused a deep worry to overflow in her. His emotions cracking, she had never seen him lose control like this before. It wasn't like him. The man she knew was strong and full of life. He was a leader. But now he had become feeble, like he had a sickness. 

She took a couple seconds before answering. "I-I overheard you. So I planned on following you, tonight." she confessed then rushed to explain further. "And then you were crying and I couldn't just stand there and watch anymore-"

"You're freezing cold," He cut off. "take my jacket." he offered, shrugging it off of his shoulders. The small act touched her. Levinia had barely noticed the visible goosebumps on her arms. She had rushed outside quickly without a coat in order not to lose track of him so soon in the forest.

"No, it's yours." Levinia held her hands up, not wanting her debt to him to grow.

"I have no need for it. Here." His arm extended the piece of clothing to her.

Reluctantly she grasped it, pulling it around her body and burying herself in the warm fabric of clothing. She slipped her arms through the sleeves while breathing in his overwhelming scent. It held a strong scent of smoke from the campfire he started earlier and there was also a hint of his natural masculine aroma. The jacket provided her with a fantasy image of protection, but it was enough fantasy to calm her.