Part II

((((((( part II )))))))

Levinia woke up in her apartment, her eyes tired and her nose red. She didn't remember coming home last night and contemplated just staying in bed. Unfortunately, her fate had other ideas. A crash sounded from the kitchen. She thought she might have imagined it but a loud, "damn it!" came a split second later. Levinia swung her legs over the side of the bed, stepping lightly onto the wood flooring. Someone was in her house and last time she checked she lived alone. A large lamp had just become her weapon of defense as she snuck outside her room. Her footsteps light as she stole a glance around the door.

A head of familiar dirty blonde hair made Levinia do a double take. No way.

"what the hell are you doing here?" Levinia blurted, exposing her cover.

Jamie dropped the pan in fright and it crashed on the hard wood floors. When she saw Levinia posed and ready to attack, she raised her arsm and rushed to explain. "James said I could live here until he got back."

Levinia lowered her makeshift weapon. "You saw him?"

"Yeah, right before he was locked-"

"stop," Levinia held up a hand, wincing and shutting her eyes tightly. She spent the whole night trying to get over those thoughts. "How did you get in." she asked, in desperate attempt to change the topic.

"he gave me the key." Jamie fished in her pocket and pulled out the silver spare key. The one Levinia had given to James in case he needed it. He had barely used it since she moved in.

"From James?" Liv asked, already knowing the answer. Jamie nodded, placing it back in her jeans. Levinia couldn't recall telling her to keep the key, but decided not to ask for it.

"Just wanted to say I'm sorry for all of this. I was going to make you breakfast but I guess that didn't happen." Jamie shrugged sheepishly, referring to the pan incident. "I was hoping that we could be friends after this." She looked up, smiling hopefully. Levinia didn't respond. "Liv?" Jamie questioned, making Levinia snap.

"Friends?" Levinia scoffed. "We aren't friends. Only my friends call me that." Levinia shot her a deadly look, shifting fear into Jamie's eyes. "The only friend you are is to those three sluts of yours. I thought you were my friend 5 years ago. I'm not going to make the same mistake twice." Levinia turned around started to go back to her room.

"You have no idea how sorry i am."  The blonde followed after her unremittingly.

"You don't get it do you?" Levinia questioned waving her hands in the air, facing her. "James may have the decency in his heart to forgive you. Heck, he gave his priceless life up for you and your brother. But I can't do that. You killed someone, you betrayed James, you treated me like dirt. He loved you so much, and you f-ing walked away."

"I do love him! He's my older brother, how could I not? I hate that he did decided this, but it was his choice not mine. And you know the murder was an accident."

"Don't you dare put the blame on him! If it weren't for you James would still be here." Levinia's usual soft eyes turned to hatred. "And I wouldn't be stuck babysitting two criminals. While he gets tortured and might not even be alive! He gave up so much for you, so if you can't get him out of that prison, then at least don't make my house one. Leave the key on the counter, you will be gone by morning, or I'll call the cops on you."

Levinia shot Jamie one last look before walking briskly away, her shoulders less tense and more relaxed. Ranting all that out had felt amazing. She wanted to go out and celebrate, but she had already been out all night and needed a good rest. She climbed into her vehicle, rolling down the windows and backing out of the parking spot. Once she stepped on the gas, the car flew forward, the wind flickering its way through her dark strands of hair. She grinned, turning up the music to make it impossible to hear anyone honking their horns. This. This was the only thing that made her feel alive. The only thing that made her forget. And it was absolutely amazing.