Please (Writing Challenge 7.1)

7. "Please, don't do that. Don't do that to me." "I'm sorry."

JugheadxReader

*the 7.1 is bc more than one person requested this prompt so im writing it more than once*

**also this is my first attempt at angst/angst-like writing lol i thought id be better considering ive spent the past 3 days reading angsty/sad minizerk stories but i guess not if yall have any tips or suggestions for angst let me know in a comment**

~~~~~~~~~~~

Something was off with Jughead. I could tell. He was acting really distant and quiet lately. he tried to hide it, but I could see it. He wouldn't tell me why he was acting this way, and I did't want to press it too much.

My actions finally came back to bite me one day as Jug and I were at Pop's. He had invited me there after a week of almost complete isolation. He had been ignoring my texts and calls for a seven whole days, and I hadn't seen him in person for even longer. To say I was emotional was an understatement.

I walked into Pop's wearing one of my cutest outfits, hoping to make him feel bad for leaving me hanging for so long. I immediately spotted Jughead at our usual booth. Walking over to him, I made sure to look as appealing as possible without seeming to desperate or slutty.

"Hey, Jug," I smiled as I slid in across from him.

"Hey," he avoided eye contact.

That made me suspicious, so I chose my next next words carefully.

"Jug, are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine."

I  raised my eyebrow, "You sure? You won't even look at me."

At that he looked at me. But not my eyes, no, he avoided them still. He looked just past me, so it almost looked like he was looking at me.

"You're still not looking at me! What happened?" I was becoming exasperated and annoyed, and slightly scared.

Jughead brought his eyes down, looking at his hands on the table. They were fidgeting. He only fidgets when he's nervous. What the fuck is going on with him?!?!

He sighed, "Nothing's wrong. Not really."

He brought his hands up to the back of his neck and dragged them slowly down until they met on the table once again.

"I know you've noticed I've been pretty distant lately," he began.

"Well it's not like you were discreet about it. Your read receipts are still on, by the way." I told him.

He mumbled a curse under his breath before he responded to me directly.

"Y/N, you know I think you're awesome right?"

I really don't like where this is going. I liked it better when Jughead was ignoring me.

His eyes dropped again, to his lap.

"I need you to know that, because I think we should break up."

I was taken aback. I kind of had a feeling something bad was happening with me and Jughead, but I never expected him to dump me! I thought we were doing well as a couple!

"What? Why?" I asked.

"I just... I just think it's best."

"Best? Best for who? You? Because it's certainly not the best for me!"

My voice was beginning to rise, meaning some people were glancing over at us. But I didn't care, I was hurt and pissed off.

"Y/N, listen. It's nothing you did or said or anything like that. I just don't feel the same way I did before. I can't help it. Feelings change. I really wish mine didn't, but they did. I just don't like you romantically anymore. I'm sorry."

He wasn't sorry. I knew he wasn't. If he was, he wouldn't be breaking up with me in a fucking public diner.

"I should get going. I'm sorry Y/N."

Jughead stood up to leave, but I placed my hand on his before he could leave the booth.

"Please, don't do that. Don't do that to me." I whispered, all my anger and hurt disappearing, leaving my voice with nothing but sadness and desperation in it.

Jughead gave me a sad, sympathetic smile before removing his hand from underneath mine.

"I'm sorry."  

And with those two final words, he left.