First Love- Veronica Lodge

*ok so i lowkey made y/n a kinda bitch im sorry it was just how this plot played out in my head

Veronica was sitting with Archie, Betty, Jughead, and Kevin in their booth at Pop's. It was a typical Friday night for the Fab Five. They had all finished their food at this point in the night, the empty and half empty plates of food sitting in front of each person, piled high with used napkins. Half drank milkshakes were in everyone's hands. 

"Wait, so you're telling me Midge Klump is in love with Moose Mason?" Betty asked Kevin, not truly believing it.

He nodded, "Unfortunately. But I don't think he's that into her."

"What makes you say that," Archie inquired, leaning back and stretching his arm around the back of the booth.

Kevin smirked, "Moose didn't ask Midge to 'hang out' next Friday."

He put air quotations around 'hang out'.

From his seat next to the boy, Jughead turned his whole body to face him.

"Moose is gay?"

"Good for him!" Betty smiled.

"I'm leaning more towards bisexual; he has had a few girlfriends before." Kevin replied.

"Veronica, are you not gonna weigh in? You've always been pretty good at judging someone's sexuality." Betty glanced at the other girl in the group.

But Veronica wasn't listening, she hadn't been for awhile. Instead she was staring to the door to the restaurant, more specifically the person standing in front of it. She hadn't seen them in a long, long time, and wanted it to stay that way. Because standing in the doorway of Pop's was Y/N, her first love.

Veronica wanted to look away, but she couldn't. It was like she was frozen. 

"Earth to Veronica," Jughead snapped his fingers in front of her face, taking her out of her daze.

"Oh, yeah, umm... What were we talking about?" Veronica tried to play off her zoning.

"Well, we were talking about Moose and Midge, but now we're discussing you and that mystery person you keep staring at," Betty said slyly.

"What? No, I wasn't staring!"

"Yes you were."

Veronica sighed, knowing she had been caught. 

"So do you, like, know them or something?" Archie questioned.

Veronica didn't have time to answer, as the person had spotted them and was now walking over to their booth. Veronica put her head down so she could try and get out of talking to them. 

"Veronica? Veronica Lodge?"

No such luck.

Veronica lifted her head up to see someone she hadn't seen in a very long time standing in front of her.

"Hi, Y/N." She said, swallowing.

Y/N smiled, clearly happy to see the girl. They looked over at the four other teens in the booth.

"Hi, I'm Y/N, a friend of Veronica's," they introduced.

Everyone said their names at the booth, then Kevin invited Y/N to sit with them.

Y/N squeezed in next to him, directly across from Veronica.

"So, Y/N, how do you and Veronica know each other?" Betty asked, trying to make conversation.

Veronica gave her friend a death glare from her peripherals. 

Y/N pretended not to notice as they answered, "I used to live in New York, near Ronnie."

"Oh cool," Betty began to sense awkwardness and tension.

Veronica turned to Betty and added her two cents, "Yeah we used to be really close."

Y/N stared at Veronica. She hadn't mentioned anything about them before?

"Close is an understatement." Y/N mumbled under their breath.

Kevin was the only person who heard Y/N, and glanced at them curiously. 

"Meaning?" He questioned.

"Oh, Ronnie never told you?" They looked straight at the girl with a sinister glint in their eye. 

"Told us what?" Jughead questioned, slightly scared at what his friend could possibly be hiding.

Veronica gave Y/N a look. A look that said, 'If you say anything else I will end you.'   

Y/N caught the look, and smirked.

"We used to date."

Archie, Betty, Kevin, and Jughead's heads snapped toward Veronica, who was frozen, mouth slightly agape and eyes wide, like she couldn't believe it either.

"You dated?" They all squealed out, clearly shocked.

Y/n nodded, "We dated for awhile, didn't we Ronnie?"

Veronica ignored them, instead playing with the straw in her now-melted milkshake. 

Y/N decided they had had enough catch-up and stood up.

"Well, it was nice to meet you, and it was great to see you again Veronica." They waved and left.

Archie was the first to speak, "Veronica why didn't you tell us you two dated?"

Their friends all eagerly awaited her answer to this new mystery.

Veronica swallowed and thought about her answer, choosing her phrasing carefully. She didn't like thinking about it. Finally she responded. 

"Y/N was my first love, and it didn't end very well. I really don't wanna talk about it."

Betty and Kevin gave her sympathetic smiles as Archie rubbed her arm comfortingly. 

"Well, whatever happened, we're all here for you when you're ready to talk about it," Jughead told her.

Veronica smiled at him, grateful for her friends.