Trying To Find A Way

-With Cream-
Cream is about to do the tryout for the soccer team as her mother and Cheese were there with her. "This should be fun. New team, new friends. There kids looked pretty good, considering they’re from San Francisco." Giggled her mom as Cream blinked and finished putting her sneakers on, "Gotta go." She mumbled. "Okay. Good luck, honey!" Called her mother. "Luck isn’t going to help us now. If she tries to use Soccer Island, it’s going down." Sighed the white bat. "Which is why I’ve recalled every soccer memory I can think of." Said the white hedgehog as he dumps down several memory orbs. "One of these is gotta work in place of the core memory." Grunted Rouge as she slouched a little.

But as Cream starts playing soccer for the tryout, Knuckles started to rush Silver, "She’s about to play!" "Hurry!" Added Rouge. Silver squeals as he places a memory orb into the hub. Then they went to see Soccer Island being activated. "We did it, gang. It’s working!" Cheered Silver. But suddenly the hub rejects and throws out the memory orb and Soccer Island stops working, Silver tries to stuff as many memory orbs into the hub but they were all rejected. "It’s like we don’t learn anything." Sighed Rouge.

Back with Cream, she misses hitting into the goal.

"No, no, no! Breath! Find your happy place!" Screamed Silver as Knuckles growls and hits him aside then pulls the console levers, making the creamed rabbit to growl and storms off in anger to take off her kneepads. "Cream, what’s wrong?" Asked her mother as Cheese patted her back.

"Let’s go!" Demanded the young girl. "You’re not going to finish try outs?" Asked her mother, softly. "What’s the point?" Growled Cream. "Hey, it’ll be alright. Let’s just-" Said her mom as Cream interrupted her, "Mother! Stop saying everything will be alright!" She said as she stomps off in anger.

-With you and Shadow-
You then heard a creek as you continue to walk though Imagination Land. You turned around and gasped as you watch Soccer Island crumbling and falls into the Abyss. "No! Not soccer! Oh, no. She loves soccer. She can’t give up on soccer. Sticks, we have to get to that station." You said as you turned to see Sticks.

"Sure thing. This way, just past Oreo Opera House. Hey, that’s funny. Oreo Opera House used to be right here. I would have sworn My Little Pony Village was right here. Hey, what’s going on?" Asked Sticks, scratching her head. "Yeah, alright. I don’t know. We’ll have to come back." But then, Sticks gasped, "Disney Princesses Castle!" You then saw the castle was being knocked down.

"The Honesty Hall of Fame." Screamed Sticks as it was also being taken down.

Then, she saw a memory worker taking away her car, "My car! Wait! Cream and I were still using that car. It still has some power left! And I even have my license!" She screamed as the car was taken and dumped onto a pile of other obsolete memories. "No! You can’t take my car to the Dump. Cream and I are going to the moon." Then, they dumped into the Abyss. Making the brown and orange badger to stop at the cliff, "N-no... Cream can’t be done with me?" She asked out loud, looking down.

You then walked up to her, trying to cheer her up. "Uh... Hey, it’s gonna be okay. We can fix this. We just need to get back to Headquarters. Which way to the train station?" You asked, tilting your head. "I-I had a whole trip planned for us." She whimpered. You tapped your chin, trying another way to make her smile, "Oh! Hey, who’s ticklish, huh? Here comes the tickle monster." You giggled as you tickled her but fails. Then you said, "Hey. Sticks, look at this." You said as you pulled a funny face but Sticks was too sad to look. "Uh... Oh, here’s a fun game. You point to the train station and we all go there. Won’t that be fun? Come on, let’s go to the train station." You said as you started walking with a smile.

Shadow shook his head at you as he walked up to Sticks and patted her back, "I’m sorry they took your car. They took something that you loved. It’s gone, forever." "Shadow, don’t make her feel worse." You said, folding your arms. Shadow looked at you and shrugged, "Sorry." "It’s all I had left of Cream..." She sighed, tearing up. "Yeah. I bet you and Cream had great adventures." Said Shadow, looking down at the dark Dump as well. "Mhm, they were wonderful. Once, we flew back in time. We had breakfast twice that day." She said, sniffing. "Shadow." You said, trying to stop him. He ignored you and contiued to pat Sticks' back, "That sounded amazing." He said as the brown and orange badger nodded and sobbed out, "We were best friends!" And she started crying. Shadow embraced her and nodded, "Yeah, it’s sad." You blinked as you watched candy falling off her eyes. But something inside made you feel, mad? A stomachache? Or, jealousy?

After she cried in Shadow's arms, she pulled away and gave a small smile, "I’m okay now. Come on. The train station is this way." She said as she sets off with you and Shadow to follow her. As Shadow walked by you, you blinked and asked, "H-how did you do that?" "Well, I don’t know. She was sad so I listened to what-" "Hey! There’s the train." Called out Sticks, interrupting Shadow.

You smiled happily as you pulled Shadow's arm, "Come on!" You smiled. Then you all got onto the train. "Yes! We made it. We’re finally gonna get home!" You said as the train started to move.

-With the others-
After the failing the soccer tryout Cream sulks in her room. "On a scale of one to ten, I give this day an F." Said Rouge, looking at her nails. "Well, why don’t we quit standing around and do something." Suggested Knuckles with his arms crossed. "Like what, genius?" Glared Rouge. "Like quitting. That’s what I’m doing. Sure, it’s the coward’s way out. But this coward gonna survive." Said Silver as he tries to go up the tube but he gets knocked out.

"Emotions can’t quit, idiot." Said Rouge, looking down at the white hedgehog. "Hey, our life was perfect. Until Mother and Randy decided to move to San Fran-stink-town!" Hissed Knuckles. "But, I mean, it’s just so drastic." Whimpered Silver. "Need I remind you of how great things were there: Our room. Our backyard. Our friends." Said Knuckles trying to bring up a memory but suddenly it ended up on the Nyan Cat song, "I never asked for this!!! Anyway, it was better. That’s my point." He finished as Rouge crossed her arms in thought, "Y-yeah, Cream was happier in Mobius." She said, looking down.

"Wait. Hold on. Shouldn’t we just sleep on this or something?" Suggested Silver with a nervous smile. "Fine, let’s sleep on it. Because, hey, I’m sure jolly fun-filled times are just around the corner." Said the red echidna, sarcastically. Then outside, Cream gently closed her eyes.