<>31<>

By Tuesday the following week, Louis was settled into an apartment.

He still had his job, and he finally felt that he was stable.

Bloated and tired all the time, but stable.

So, after work one evening he took a deep breath and called Liam.

He answered after a few rings, making Louis' heart throb with anxiety.

"Hi. How are you?" Louis asked.

"Fine I guess. Why?"

"I'm terrible, thanks for asking." Louis said bitterly.

"I'm a little busy right now Louis, what do you want?" Liam asked in a hushed tone.

"I need to tell you something important but...if it's not a good time-"

"Now's better than later. What is it?" Liam asked.

Louis swallowed. "Um, I'm pregnant."

"Pregnant?" Liam repeated immediately.

"Yeah." Louis said, biting his lip. "It's yours, before you ask."

"Oh. Wow." Liam said.

"You...don't have to come back or anything. In fact I don't want you to. I just...I can raise it on my own. I just want financial support." Louis decided.

"I'll send financial support until the baby is born. Then I'm moving back and I'm going to be in it's life." Liam said.

"You're not raising the baby by yourself. You're not having it by yourself either. I don't believe in that." Liam told him.

"Whatever you need, just call. Keep me updated until I move back. I want to know the sex, and be a part of naming them and everything."

"Okay." Louis said quietly, feeling a bit better.

"Yeah." Liam sighed.

"Yeah look I'm um, gonna break the news to my parents over the next few days and start packing up to move back. Maybe we can meet for lunch and talk more about this?" Liam asked.

Louis frowned. "I guess so. Are you sure?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Liam asked.

"You broke up with me and left. You seemed perfectly content with never seeing me again." Louis said.

"Yeah then you told me you're having my baby. Things change Louis."

"I know, it's just weird." Louis said.

"I agree. But it is what it is. I'll talk to you again soon okay? I have to go."

"Okay." Louis said quietly.

Louis stared at his phone after Liam hung up, unable to believe that'd went so well.

×
×
×

A few weeks later Louis and Zayn both attended their court date, and to their surprise their divorce was finalized that day.

Neither of them had expected it to actually happen so soon, and Zayn took it as a sign.

He couldn't wait to tell Harry and start over with him like they discussed.

"Well, it's been great being married to you." Louis said, shaking Zayn's hand.

Zayn chuckled, nodding. "You too. I'm glad we can end this on a mature note."

"I think we're both happy with the fact this happened so soon. That's why things are going so well right now." Louis said.