Chapter 6: An Affair of Books

The two enter the extravagant double doors, finding a room lined with books and isles of shelving, each one filled to the brim. Ume flips the lights on, elegant chandeliers brightly lighting the room.

A chess table sits comfortably in the corner, two arm chairs situated on either side. A few couches are found in different places, as well as some love seats. Ume glances at the tablet before looking over the books. "Come on! Lets read some trashy romance novels!" Ume shouts, yanking Genji by his wrist over to the books.

•   •   •

Genji and Ume lay on the ground, surrounded by random books. Ume breaks out laughing, tears building in her eyes as she tightly grips her stomach. Genji glances at her oddly before grabbing the book she was reading and skimming over what she read. He begins chuckling too, his laugh building until it's as bad as Ume's. The two take a moment to calm down. "She- she just-" Before Ume can finish her commentary, she bursts out laughing again.

"How stupid do you have to be?!" Genji exclaims, a large smile on his face as he begins laughing again. "I swear- all the women in these books are idiots! It's hysterical!" Ume insists, wiping a tear from her face.

The two had lost track of time a while ago, Ume every so often checking the security feed and having laughing fits over the thought process of women in romance novels.

The party had ended about fifteen minutes ago, the Host Club now hunting after Ume because they found her shoes and she hasn't responded to any of their calls.

Kyoya pushes his glasses up, becoming more concerned than he'd like to admit. He has already checked Ume's room, three guest rooms, and an abandoned office. As he's walking down the hall, he hears Ume's shrieking laughter coming from the library, soon followed by a male laugh. Kyoya quirks a brow.

"'W-What? Me? I-I don't like you... I-I hate you!'" Ume mocks, her voice raising to a high pitch. Genji begins laughing even harder. "O-Our sense of humor... is absolute shit!" Ume shouts through laughter, only making the two laugh harder. The two slowly stop laughing, and Ume faces Genji with narrowed eyes. "Are you still freakishly ticklish?" Ume inquires. Genji instantly shields his stomach, making Ume chuckle evilly as she slowly crawls over. "Ume... lets think about this!" Genji argues. "You start full on screaming when you're tickled, it's hysterical." Ume remarks, tackling Genji and tickling his sides. He shrieks, and continues yelling while trying to push a laughing Ume off of him. Ume falls onto the ground, rolling around laughing. Genji rolls and lays down next to her, propping himself up to glare at her.

"I really hate you sometimes." Genji grumbles. Ume smiles in response. "Ya love me!" Ume retorts, pulling him into a hug.

"Ume." Kyoya says suddenly. Ume pulls away from Genji and flips over to face Kyoya. "Kyoya! Come here!" Ume requests excitedly, moving to sit up. Kyoya pushes his glasses up, "No, thank you. We still have to take care of ridding of all the decorations." Kyoya affirms. Ume's smile falters, "Kyoya..." Ume says sadly. Kyoya then turns and exits. Ume's eyes widen and her lips part slightly. Despite Kyoya's demeanor not changing, Ume knows that this coldness was different. Ume turns to Genji, "Can you put the books away for me?" Ume requests desperately. Genji is confused for a moment but nods anyway. Ume rises and quickly jogs after Kyoya.

"Kyoya!" Ume shouts down the hall, chasing after his figure. He stops, not turning to face her. "We should be gone is twenty minutes." Kyoya announces cooly, an edge to his tone that hurts Ume. Ume's jog slows until she stops, just behind Kyoya.

"Kyoya, you can't seriously be jeal-" Ume begins, abruptly being cut off. "I'm not." Kyoya growls. Ume tries to hide her shock but to no avail. Kyoya attempts to walk off, but he's stopped by Ume yanking on his wrist. Kyoya's clip board slips from his grip and he's harshly met with Ume grabbing him by the tie and pulling them face-to-face. Ume smirks, "I never took you as the jealous type." Ume remarks. Kyoya glares, only making Ume chuckle softly. "Anyway I could reassure you that he isn't going to pull anything?" Ume inquires suggestively, making it so that the two's foreheads lean against one another's. Kyoya stares at Ume, his brows still pulled together. "Unless you'd prefer if I went running back to Genji, emotionally vulnerable and just begging him to make a move." Ume threatens with a large smirk.

"Kiss me." Kyoya commands. Victory flashes in Ume's eyes before she closes the gap between herself and Kyoya, her arms wrapping around his neck and Kyoya's working around Ume's waist. The two kiss, their lips working in sync and  Kyoya's tongue slipping into Ume's mouth. The two pull away, breathing uneven. Ume's eyes scan Kyoya's.

"And Kyoya, one more thing:" Ume begins, a large smirk gracing her features as she once again meets Kyoya's eyes.

"Genji is gay."