Chapter 3

Dream Girl is a Wattpad-exclusive book. If you are reading this story elsewhere, be warned, that you might be a victim of a malware attack. And it's also obvious my work is plagiarized. Please visit www.wattpad.com/authornarmada to read the book for free!

"Dreams are the illustrations of the book your soul is writing about you!"

"What does he think of himself? I should have chopped his balls and fed them to stray dogs!!" Kria yelled, muttering a string of curses as she entered her house. Stopping by the living room, her eyes widened.

Sitting in the living room was her mother and Priya Aunty. Oh, no! Slapping a hand across her, Kria swallowed hard. "Um... Hi Mom... Hi... Aunty.."

Shooting daggers with her eyes at her daughter's audacious words, Smriti got up from the couch. Kria bit her lips, signalling an apology to her mother. "You didn't learn any sort of mannerisms that I taught you!" Smriti hissed approaching her.

Kria winced at her mother's tone, "Mumma! I-"

Recovering from Kria's earlier outburst, Priya laughed out loud. "Now, I know what you meant by how bold your daughter is!"

Smriti turned around, smiling awkwardly, while Kria narrowed her eyes. "Oh! So, this is what happens behind my back?"

"What happens?" Smriti queried, feigning innocence.

"This! Talking behind my back about me, Mumma! How could you?" Kria shook her head in disappointment, "I don't complain about you to anyone.. but you? Is this your love, your motherly affection?"

Priya watched the mother-daughter duo in amusement. Smriti shook her head profusely, trying to explain to Kria that she did no such thing. "Aunty! She, always complains about me, doesn't she?"

"Kind of yes, beta," Priya admitted sympathetically. Kria sniffed, glancing at her mother, "You don't love me... you just hate me, don't you, Mumma? Always finding faults in me.. why..? Am I such a bad daughter?"

Smriti stared at Kria, appalled, "Kria! I would never-"

"I am such a disappointment to you, isn't it..? Let papa come... I will tell all about how you are treating his sweet, innocent, lovely daughter!"

"No! Kria, what's wrong with you? I would-"

"I should... go.. maybe somewhere far..." Kria drew a sharp breath, leaning against Priya, who comforted her in pity. "What you are doing is absolutely not right, Smriti! Kria doesn't deserve this!" Priya muttered.

Smriti stood stunned. "I.. am... I.. don't.."

Priya immediately nudged Kria, realising that Smriti would break into sobs. As Priya and Kria broke into giggles, a confused Smriti watched on.