Chapter 1

Rome, Italy-

It was 10 am, the late morning breeze hit my face with delight. I caressed the air, as I stretched reaching out my fingers and arching my back. It had been quite the night last night, working hard, and erm- drinking hard. I had been living in Rome for almost 5 whole years now and it has been absolute bliss. I fetched my wand and begun to fix myself a cuppa and some toast. I was beginning to get settled into my morning when a loud knock interrupted my thoughts.

"Posta!" called the postman outside my door

"Grazie!" I yelled back, thanking him for informing me. I walked to the apartment door, and on the floor - via the mail slit - was a singular parchment letter to me, Charlie Potter. The parchment could only mean one thing, another wizard needed me. Here in Italy, even though was doing research as a wizard, I had to live in a muggle apartment, with other muggles. Most of my mail was usually muggle things, like bills and adverts, rarely did I get parchment through the post.

I opened it and it read:

Dear Charlie,

I never conceived of writing this letter. As you may know, Voldemort has risen and is planning on killing someone you may know, Harry Potter. The last time you saw the boy was probably when he was born, however desperate times call for desperate measures. We need everyone we can get.

Voldemort will kill Harry Potter, and we need people to join the Order of the Phoenix. I have reached out to many people and you seem to be the only wizard that is some what related to Harry, alive.

I realize it is a lot to ask, for you to leave your home and come back to England, but we need you. You'll bring comfort to the boy. We also need you because of your impressive knowledge and research on the Dark Arts. You possess vital information that can help out many people.

If you decide to come, don't write back, come to 12 Grimmauld Place; immediately.

Sincerely,

Sirius Black

I could hardly believe what I has just read, addressed to me. This was beyond my comprehension. However, I was extremely intrigued. Getting to work with such esteemed people as well as helping to save Harry Potter, a long lost relative.

I barely thought about it before I abandoned my life in Italy and begun my travels to London.