CHAPTER TWELVE

FRIDAY MORNING WENT BY LIKE THE BREEZE. Instead of sitting on Reggie's car full of pep I decided to wait near the bike rack. Coming outside in a sec Reggie texted. All I did was watch the gleeful high school kids retreat from the doors of Riverdale to their small town homes. 

I turned my head to see Archie and Valerie over near the door, talking presumably about music but then part ways. Archie comes my way, one hand on the strap of his book bag and the other in his pocket looking down at the pile of leaves left on the ground. The red headed boy looked up to me. We stared at each other for awhile not really saying anything but I realized that he was taking a ride with Betty,Ronnie,and Kevin and his car was parked about three cars after me.

He pursed his lips, sighing and then waving at me. And I waved back. Archie and I would always have this weird friendship. Even when I pretended to hate him and vice versa we were always qquardral. Although I didn't plan to patch anything up soon, I did know he would always be there for me. I unlock my bike from the rail getting on it half ways, still waiting for Reggie.

He came up to me with the messiest hair of all and pink lipstick smeared on his lips. Figures. I chuckled, "looks like you had quite the day," I stated. He runs a hand through his hair seeming to make it look more neat. "Tell me about it, Holly Jensen is a beast." I laughed. "You got a napkin?" He asked me. I did have one from a long time ago that I kept from Pop's as a keepsake if I ever decided to leave this busted town. I scrounged around in my bag trying to look for it, and i found it neatly placed in one of the zippers.

I grabbed it out of my bag holding it out for him to grab it. "Could you do it? My hands are kind of y'know... Dirty." Reggie claimed.

"What do you mean?"

"Like y'know... They've been in places. With Holly Jensen." I looked at him in disgust. "Gross, Reggie, did you ever think about washing your hands?"

"I didn't have the time," he answered. I went inside my bag again pulling out hand sanitizer. "Here, use this." I told him to open his hands out, as I squeezed the translucent liquid out into his hand. I put it back in my bag afterwards.

Since he was sanitizing his hands, I took the water from my bag, soaking it in the napkin and wiping off Reggie's face. Then I took the audacity to fix his hair because it was oozing off post-sex vibes and I didn't want anyone to think that it was with me.

" THERE ARE THREE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER on a date. " Reggie started. We were in the parking lot of the Drive-In just kind of lounging around while I was ironically sitting on his car and Reggie was standing. I nod. "Okay, what?"

"The lighting, the seating, and the date himself." I start to mentally take notes. "Okay, now the lighting and the seating are two things that I can't really show you because we need to be in the place of setting. And we're in a parking lot, so yeah."

"Makes sense,"

"Although I'll tell you briefly just so you know. Okay, the lighting needs to be dark. Not pitch black but darker than usual to set the mood. They have the darker lighting in Pop's all the way at the back. The only reason why I'm saying Pop's because I obviously know damn well you're not taking the kid anywhere else." I grin.

"That is correct. Food comes first."

"When it comes to the seating, you can't sit across from him. If you plan on kissing him at any time, know that two people cannot kiss when they're three feet apart. It's impossible, unless you're squatting off your seat which looks really fucking weird." I nod, "okay, I can do that."