Chapter One

Monday's always started the same, Marinette woke up (usually late) and rushed to get ready and sprint to school.
Before going out the door, she glanced at the tv which was giving the weather report.
"Sunny skies all week! Get out there and enjoy the weather!" The lady with dark purple hair on the screen chirped cheerfully.

Realizing she was late again, Marinette screeched and dashed out the door, not thinking to grab her coat.
She ran across the road and down the block, running into the school building and making it into the classroom just as the second bell rang. Breathlessly, she walked to her seat and sat down, letting out a huge sigh of relief.
"Just in time, too." Her best friend, Alya, joked beside her.
Marinette frowned at the brunette, not really in the mood to talk about it.

Their teacher, of course not caring that it was Monday, assigned three chapters to work on that class period and for homework if it wasn't done. The whole class groaned but got to work anyways. Shortly after, small conversations began while the students were working. Nino, the boy that sat in front of Alya, turned to his best friend Adrien, the blond boy that sat in front of Marinette. He was also the boy that she'd been crushing on for years. Adrien was also a model, but that's not why she liked him. There was his blond hair and his beautiful green eyes and-
"Hey dude, where do you want to have lunch today?" Nino asked.

Marinette looked down at her work, hoping they didn't catch her making heart eyes at Adrien. But, she still listened in on their conversation.
"I was thinking about trying that new Chinese place down the block." Adrien answered, his eyes never leaving his book.
Nino's face soured at the thought.
"No thanks man, you're on your own. Not a big fan of Chinese food." He confessed.
"Aw, I guess I'll have lunch by myself today." Adrien fake pouted, finally looking up from his book. They both laughed and started working again. Nino discreetly put on his headphones, making sure the teacher didn't notice.

Marinette forced herself to look back at her book, unsure of when she looked up. Finally, after what seemed like hours, the bell finally rang for lunch. Each student started putting up their books and started heading to their lockers to say goodbye. She put her book in her locker and told Alya she'd see her after lunch. She had her own plans for lunch. Maybe she'd "accidentally" bump into Adrien at this new restaurant and they'd have lunch together.
But what if he thought she was following him? He'd call her a weirdo and never go anywhere near her again! What if he got a restraining order against her!?

Marinette grumbled to herself as she rethought her lunch plans. She might just go home to the bakery and eat there.
"Stop overthinking, Marinette. Just find a way to start a normal conversation with him." Tikki advised, poking her head out of the girl's purse.
"But every time I try, I screw up and make a fool of myself. I can't think straight when I'm around him." Marinette sighed.
"Then don't think." Tikki said, disappearing back into the purse.

Marinette walked slowly as she finally found herself in front of the Chinese restaurant that Adrien was talking about.
"I can do this!" She reassured herself as she walked up to the door. A bunch of people were coming in and out, it seemed to be pretty packed today. Just then Marinette spotted blond hair walking up to the building.
"I can't do this!" She cried as she dove and hid herself behind a trashcan, scraping her knee in the process.
"With that attitude, you won't be able to do anything." Tikki admitted.

Just then, the sky grew dark as the clouds turned gray and blocked out the sun.
"What's going?" Tikki and Marinette said at the same time.

Marinette dashed into a nearby alley, letting Tikki out of her purse.
"Tikki, spots on!" She yelled as her red and black suit covered her body.
She dashed back out of the alley but didn't see anyone causing the disturbance.

A bunch of pedestrians were looking up at the sky confusingly, but no one seemed to be in distress.
"Maybe the weather report was just wrong?" Marinette questioned no one in particular.
She swung around her yo-yo and pulled herself up onto the roof of a nearby building, scanning her surroundings.
She swung from roof to roof until she was a few blocks down and there was still no sign of a threat. She tried getting ahold of Chat Noir, but he wasn't answering. "Cat got his tongue or something?" She giggled to herself at her pun, knowing she wouldn't of tolerated Chat making a pun like that.

Shrugging, she swung back to the place she started and dashed back into the alley, allowing her transformation to end.
"What was the problem?" Tikki asked, yawning. She was probably tired out from the transformation.
"Flase weather report?" She shrugged, walking back out of the alley.

Just then, to Marinette's dismay, it started raining. Hard.
"Great! This is just perfect!" She complained, cursing the sky. Tikki flew back into her purse, avoiding the rain.
"We better get home!" Tikki advised.
"Great idea!" Marinette agreed.