Chapter 2: Damn Kid

"ARGH!" Eren sits up panting and eyes watering yet again. That's not the only thing. He was so scared that downstairs have leaked as well. "....WAAAAAAAAH!" Eren wails.

The lump of levi beside him flinches awake and groans sitting up.
"..." he stares at Eren "..." stares down "... BRAT!" levi screams and stands up grabbing the crying child and running him outside
"You pissed in my fucking tent!"

"I-Im sorry!" Eren cries loudly, choking on his sobs and his small little body shaking in fear.
"I d-didnt m-mean to! "

"Damn kid" levi drops him on a box and goes inside. Dark bags around his eyes from how tired he is "Stay!" He demands from inside and comes out holding the blankets. He hangs them on the clothes horse he has set up outside his tent and grumbles while doing so. "Ill have to get them dry cleaned tommorow" he rubs his temples. "Eren that will cost me money"

"Money?" Eren sniffles. "I have m-money"

"You? You're like six" Levi frowns not believing him for a second.

"No! I do have money, I do!" Eren insists. He squirms in discomfort, his wet pants now cold and gross feeling.
"I show you."

"Shut up im not in the mood for your games. Lets get you clean and take you to the station" levi growls
"No! Please don't take me away." Eren cries once more. Levi has come to know that just about every single thing causes this kid to cry. It's annoying and a pain to deal with.

"L-let me show you the m-money..." Eren sniffles.
"I want t-to help..."

"You're only young. You don't even know what an orphanage is like. I dont need your money or your help" levi explains. Now come with me. The local pool has showers. I want you to pretend you're my little brother"

The kid nods and holds onto Levi's hand. "Okay..." he says through a whisper and looks up at Levi with a teary eyed blink. He doesn't need to pretend. The affection he's giving Levi is enough to think they're related some how.

Levi takes his hand from eren and walks over to a bicycle.
"Look we can ride there... but youre going to have to hold on" he says taking the helmet from where it hangs on the handle bar and putting it onto erens head.

The helmet is too big for Eren so it wobbles on his head and falls over his face. The kid lifts it up and giggles slightly despite being upset a few moments ago.

Levi helps him onto the bike, and to no one's surprise, Eren hugs onto Levi. With a sigh, Levi moves to to sit behind eren and put hisfeet on the pedals. And levi pushes the push bike away from the safety of his alleyway and down the street to the pool.

Eren --who is sitting on the seat of it while Levi easily hovers above him riding-- giggles the whole way yelling at levi to go faster though the older only scoffs in annoyance."Make sure you don't fall off he constantly repeats before stopping outside the pool center.

Levi parks the bike and helps eren off the seat.
"Quickly. Under this fence" he says lifting up the corner of the wire fence. Levi and Eren slip beneath a hole in the fence behind he outside toilet block. The two slip unseen into the 'mens' side of the block and into the change room. Luckily no one is in there so they hurry through to the showers.

"Alright now i want you to go in there and wash yourself clean. Use the soap. Give me your clothes and I'll take them and wash them. Keep your underwear though" levi rubs his temples.

Eren blinks a few. taking his time to understand Levi.
He strips off. As well as his underwear and passes the lot to levi before walking off nude to the showers.

"EREN!" levi growls and looks at the wet underwear" I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE THEM ON!... ugh" levi groans and puts it all in the sink, Turning it on. he adds soap and trys to wash the clothes. He scrubs them together and works at cleaning it hopeing no one comes in.

After a few minutes, Eren runs out crying once more.
"L-Levi! I-it hurts!" He whimpers rubbing at his red teary eyes that have soap suds all around them.

"Ugh go back in" Levi grunts, dropping what hes doing and running over to Eren picking him up and walking back to the shower. He places the child down on the ground and wipes the soap out of his eyes
"Open your eyes so we can rinse them out, okay?" He says softly almost like a mother would her child.

Eren sniffs and opens them slightly before closing and gasping at the stinging.
"It hurts Levi!" He says rubbing his hand over his eyelids but only making it worse.

Levi tuts and rolls his eyes and grabs the kids hands with one of his own and forces his eyes open and rinses them out, all the while with Eren screaming.

"Shhh! Youre only making it worse" he says after pulling him out of the water "now blink your eyes heaps" he explains and steps away from the showers stream.

Eren does and his complaining and sniffling go away along with the sting.
"It... it's all better..." Eren says in disbelief. He looks up at Levi and hugs his legs.
"You're my hero!" The child grins up at him.

"EH! EREN YOURE ALL WET AND NAKED GET OFF!" the teen growls in responce and pulls him off and puts him back in the shower "stay. understand me? Let me finish washing your clothes" he says walking away back to the sink.

Eren continues his shower and starts making noises probably playing a game in the shower with his childish imagination.

Sighing, Levi rings out the clothes and puts them under the hand dryer to dry them off. When his phone rings lighting up with the word Levi dreads

'mum'