Chapter 21

Yet another Skype call was started because no one bothered to text anymore. The morning was crisp and clear, and a decent amount of sunlight flooded in from the window, creating a faint glow around them.

Jonathan kept glancing at Evan, taking in his tan skin, gleaming in the sun like gold, and his strong features. He thought back to the day before, blushing and glancing away once again.

Evan was also stealing looks, watching the pale white of Jonathan's skin shine and his soft brown hair fall into his eyes slightly.

After logging in to Skype, he saw Jonathan move out of the corner of his eye, and he could of sworn he saw a dash of pink cross his face.

He shrugged it off, but his mind was going in the opposite direction, his subconscious thinking of all the ways he could make Jonathan blush. He felt his face heat up and tried to concentrate on the call he was setting up.

He was somewhat nervous. He knew a lot of the others were at least bi, if not completely gay, and he secretly shipped all of them in his OTPs. They would probably accept their relationship with open arms, but something in the back of his mind was nagging at him, telling him to be careful.

The call loaded after what seemed like an hour, and one by one the other members of their friend group logged on. Evan had purposely left the call on audio only, and he could tell by their greetings that everyone was wondering why.

They hadn't needed to do audio only calls for a long time, even before they did face reveals on their YouTube channels. Though most of them liked keeping their lives private, they were comfortable around each other.

  He felt Jonathan twitch against his leg, their thighs lightly pressing together. He wrapped his arm around Jonathan's shoulders, pulling him to his side, and met Jonathan's eyes when he looked up.

  Jonathan saw the reassurance that Evan was communicating to him, but he honestly thought Evan was more nervous than he was. They shared a smile as Brock, always the latest, logged on last. Evan took a breath.

  "Hey guys. How are you?"

The others varied in response, most of them resorting to a suspicious 'okay' rather than going in to detail. They totally knew something was going on.

  "You're not planning a prank or something, are you?"

  Evan laughed at the question, shaking his head before realizing that they could see him.

  "Not at all. We just have something to tell you guys."

  They heard Jonathan burst into his insane laugh, smothered behind his hand, and Evan instantly relaxed at the comforting sound. He had always loved hearing Jonathan laugh.

  "So the other day, I got home from practice and got a little...surprise."

  "Please tell me it wasn't a pregnant woman because if it was I swea-"

  "What?! No!"

The group burst into laughter at the weird suggestion, the pure absurdness of  it making it that much funnier. They calmed down after a few minutes and Evan continued onwards.

  "Turns out, my lovely housewife-"

  He received a sharp jab in his side from Jonathan, causing him to pause and chuckle slightly.

  "Ahem~, Jonathan had baked me a cake."

  "No fair!"

  Lui used his sqeaker voice, resembling a jealous four year old on an intense sugar rush. There was large crashing sound as someone's chair died and a loud thud, followed by laughter.

  "I'm alright guys, just got aquatinted with floor."

  "Are you sure Craig? That was kind of loud."

  Jonathan had leaned closer to the computer, his tone laced with worry. Evan vaguely thought that he could have been jealous that Jonathan was that concerned for someone else, but he was an okay person, and Jonathan was a complete mother hen.

  After a few reassurances and Evan comforting touch, Jonathan finally settled down.

  "Jonathan's cooking is the best, but is that why you called us? You're not the type of person to gloat too much."

  "Well..."

Evan and Jonathan made eye contact, and Jonathan nodded at Evan, silently encouraging him to break the news. Evan grabbed his soft hand, and the slight coolness of the smooth, pale skin calmed him and brought him a small dab of courage. It was time.

  "Guys...Jonathan and I are together."

Sorry for the late, kind of short chapter. There was some sort of glitch so I had to rewrite it, and I don't think it's as good now. Thanks for reading 😌