Introduction

My name is Emily Johnson, and I am a fifteen year old barrel racer. I have two wonderful parents named Adeline and Jackson.  I own a black gelding named Spartan Warrior, but I just call him Spartan.
     I live on a twenty acre ranch and I have no siblings. My best friend is Jasmine Belle, and we have been the best of friends since we first started attending the same school whenever we were both four. Since those times in preschool, we have just grown closer to one another.
     I learned to ride before I could walk, and I have been in the rodeo for as long as I can remember. My parents have been my biggest inspirations, they are why I have never stopped trying.  They are why I have never given up. They lead me through my career in barrel racing every step of the way, and I have no doubt in saying they are my biggest fans. I love them with all of my heart, and I love our small family.
     Though I have always wanted a younger sibling, I am an only child. I know I'm not going to get a sibling, and now that I'm older I'm okay with that. My life is perfect in my eyes. Yes there is drama, and yes there are people who may not like me but that's okay.
     As of right now I am not dating anyone, and that's okay because I have my friends, family, and horses. I am a Christian, and know God has a plan for everyone, even if we do not know what that plan is yet.
     As you may have already guessed, barrel racing is my favorite sport and hobby. But barrel racing is more than just a sport to me, and horses are more than just transportation to me. A horse is a soulmate, a best friend, a teammate, a companion. Whenever you have a bond with a horse, it can never be broken. To have a bond with a horse you have to have trust in that equine, and that's what this sport is about. Trust.
     Many will think that I'm crazy for what I may do with a horse, but they just don't understand. I am willing to take the chance of getting hurt, or even killed. It's just part of the game we play.
     Now you have a background on me, and my life. So here is my story.
•••••
I'm sorry it stinks, I'll try to write more on the following chapters, and this chapter was just for getting a background.