Chapter 7

JFK International Airport
10:00 AM

Lea's POV

New York City. This feels like home— another home. I'm comfortable here just like when I'm in the Philippines.

I dialed Mike's number and waited for him to answer.

"Mike!"

"Lemme guess...you're here already?" He knows me very well.

"Yup! So fetch me and we'll be going somewhere." He moved here in the city a year ago.

I just waited for him for 10 minutes.

I ran towards him and jumped at him.

"You're getting heavy, Lea."

"I hate you!" He always do that.

We went to our favorite restaurant here and we ordered the usual food we always order.

"Kamusta ka and Aga?" Yes, he knows my past. And another yes, I taught him some basic Filipino words.

"I still don't know the reason why you know." I emphasized the last to words to make him get what I mean.

"Why don't you just ask him directly? I know he would totally tell you the reasons why. You have all the rights anyway." He took a sip on his iced tea.

"You know I can't, Mike. He already has a family."

"What now? You're just gonna ask him. Do you still love him?" He hit the bullseye.

I just shrugged my shoulders.

"I know you well. You can't lie to me."

"Fine! I still have feelings for him. I still love him." We continued talking and talking.

We finished our food and he brings me back to my apartment. I missed hanging out with this guy. He's like a brother to me. I'm 1 year older than him by the way.

"Salamat for today, Mike!"

"Salamat also." We hugged each other and he bade his goodbye.

I checked my twitter account and someone followed me, its name is Charlene, I opened it and its icon is Leanna.

I followed that person back 'cause I know it's Leanna's mom. I can't see a picture of her because she's just tweeting photos of Aga and Leanna.

One photo catches my attention— they were at my favorite ice cream shop. It's a picture of Aga and Leanna.

"It's nice to be reunited again. It's good to be back. I missed my family." Aga was tagged in that photo.

My world collapsed. Just kidding, I got hurt. How I wish I was her, I mean, her that is Aga's wife and Leanna's mom.

"Holy Guacamole!" May bumatok sa'kin.

"Who are yo-" I can't explain it. Why is she here?!

"What are you doing here?" I am puzzled.