19

a few moments later...

"Need anything?" Simon asks as he stands up, after having a long chat with Jessica after her little melt down/panic attack. "A drink would be nice, please." She says. "Water?" He asks. "No, something from Starbucks, please." She smiles innocently. "Like what then?" He asks. "Hot chocolate, please." She says with a bright smile. "Alright." He says. A warm smile sitting comfortably on his lips. "Thank you Simon." Jessica smiles brightly as he walks towards the door. "Anytime, and anything for you Jess." He smiles brightly back at her before walking out the room. 

-

"He's such a sweetheart." Jessica smiles softly to herself as she waits for him to come back with her drink order. "He literally could've said no, but he didn't. How cute." She lightly giggles to herself. "What you giggling about?" The familiar voice of one of the doctors, Dr. Bradley, aka Josh asks as he walks in. "Something." She simply says as the bearded man walks in. "Which is?" He asks as he stands next to her. "Simon." She smiles. "And what about him?" Josh asks. "He's just a sweetheart really." She says. "Everyone says that. Well, mostly the females do." Josh says, making Jessica chuckle. "Speaking of Simon, where is he?" Jessica asks. "Last time I saw him, he was walking towards the staff break room." Josh says. "Oh, okay." Jessica nods. 

"You know," Josh begins as he sits down. "I see why Simon likes you, a lot." He says. "He does, does he?" Jessica questions. A soft smiles presenting itself on her lips. "Indeed he does." Josh nods. "And why's that?" She asks. "Probably because you're always happy. Or, you seem to be anyway. And according to some other doctors and nurses, you have a beautiful singing voice." He explains. "Wait, everyone heard me singing earlier?" She asks. "Mhm." Josh hums. "Great." She sighs. "They all said that you're amazing, if that helps." Josh says. "Everyone always says I'm good/great/amazing at singing." Jessica says. "And do you believe them?" He asks. "I feel like I have to, as everyone, and I mean everyone always says I am." She says. "But you seem bothered by that." Josh points out. "Because no one gives me constructive criticism on how to possibly improve." She sighs. "Oh..." Josh hums. 

"And I have returned." The familiar voice of Simon beams as he walks in. "And, that's my cue to leave." Josh says as he stands up. "See ya, Jess." Josh smiles at the young girl. "See ya." She smiles back at the bearded guy. Josh just nods at Simon before walking out.

"Here you go, m'lady." Simon smiles as he passes her, her drink; a warm hot chocolate. "Thank you, sir." Jessica smiles brightly before taking a sip of her drink. Simon just smiles as he sits back down next to her. "Don't you have work to be doing?" She asks. "I'm on break for a while." He smiles. "I see." Jessica nods. "And you've decided to stay with me, rather than talking to your friends?" She questions. "Well, I do remember you asking if I could stay with you if you're alone." He says. "You remembered that? Cute." She softly smiles. "I'm a doctor, so I do have to remember important things, you know." He says. "And staying with me is important?" She asks. "To me, it is." He smiles softly. "Awe. Bless you Si." She coos teasingly at him. "Allow it." He says, making her laugh. "No, but seriously, it's cute of you to stay with me." She says. 

❝Well, you're just generally cute, Jess.❞ He softly says. ❝So are you, Simon.❞ She says in the same soft tone as he did as the pair connect their hands together; intertwining their fingers together.