Chapter Sixteen

Outfits

“So when do you leave?” I asked Illyria as we were getting coffee.

            “In two days?” she said nervously, biting her lip. She was probably afraid of my reaction.

“I’m not going to give you the satisfaction of me being sad,” I complained.

“I don’t want you to be sad.”

“I know, but I am!” I whined.

            “What are you doing about school anyway?” she asked me.

            “Nothing. I’m not going back,” I said proud.

            “What happens if you end up alone?” she scolded me.

            “You’d take care of me! And don’t try to deny it. You wouldn’t let me be a hobo, and besides, Harry would never leave me,” I was sure.

“You can never count on someone not to leave you,” she looked away and sipped her vanilla bean.

            This was seeded in her parents’ death. Abandonment issues. Illyria never showed a weakness, but this was something beyond her control.

            “Oh please. Cut the abandonment crap. No one is going to leave you. They died. They didn’t do it on purpose. Louis married you. NO ONE GETS MARRIED THESE DAYS! ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY’RE TWENTY AND HAVE ONLY KNOW EACH OTHER FOR A MONTH! YOU WEREN’T EVEN PREGNANT!” I yelled, and realized this was a bad move.

            We were in public. And I just screamed my biggest secret for everyone to hear.

            I saw a single flash of a camera out of the corner of my eye and then we were surrounded. I should have known that we wouldn’t be away from the paparazzi even for a second. Why did I just say that?!

            “ILLYRIA! YOU WERE NEVER PREGNANT?”

            “WHY ARE YOU TWO FIGHTING?”

            “ADDISON WHY DID YOU GET RID OF THE BABY?”

            “ILLYRIA!”

            “ADDISON!”

            “ILLYRIA!”

            Everyone was yelling at us asking us questions. We ducked into a nearby shop hiding our faces with our hands.

            “Oh my god A! What the hell were you thinking!” She yelled at me.

            “I don’t know! I wasn’t thinking!” I yelled back and we both took a deep breath.

            “We need to get out of here.” She said looking around.

            “Hang on.” I said walking up to the woman at the register.

            “Hi Addison! How may I help you?” She asked cheerily. It’s hard for people to not know your name when you’re dating Harry Styles.

            “Hi, um, Kelly.” I said noticing her nametag. “We need to sneak out back away from the paparazzi. Is it possible for you to let us through?” I asked as sweetly as I could.

            “Of course! Can I just have a picture with you two? My niece looks up to you so much!” She asked hopefully.

            “Sure, we just need to hurry.” Illyria said as the girl handed her phone to a coworker and took our picture. She led us out back and directed us to the other side of the street.