A bit off

Ever since they moved, Tom noticed that Matt had a huge change of attitude.

They all go shopping, Matt doesn't check out the mirrors.

They all play video games, Matt would rather watch.

They all watch a movie, Matt doesn't react.

Now they were playing some super smash bros. Matt, of course, didn't play.

"Oh shoot! I forgot to feed ringo! Tom, do you mind if I just-" "dude, it's ok. Take your time." Tom interrupted. Edd smiled, paused the game, and walked off.

It was silent, Tom couldn't help but stare at Matt. He just looked so.. off. So.. sad.

But why?

"Matt. What's wrong?" Tom got to the point.

"Nothing."

"Matt. Don't. Lie." Tom got a bit mad but realized he should calm down. He always had that problem, being short tempered. He hated it.

So he took a breath, "listen, Matt. I'm not mad at you. Edd isn't mad at you. But I've noticed lately you've been so.. down. Your not as energetic as you used to be. What's wrong?"

The way Tom handled himself made Matt smile. "Thanks for being so genuine Tom. And it's not you, or Edd. I just.." it took a while for Matt to get the words out.

"W-well.." Matt placed a hand on his bruised eye.

"Don't you ever feel like.. when someone you care about.. did something to hurt you.. they.. didn't really mean it..? And that.. you wish you could go back in time... To just... to fix the decision you made, that made them wrong you..? Because..

Because you miss them?"

Silence.

Tom started to tremble.

"To-

"Matt!! are you blind?! Seriously!! He tried to kill us all! Punched you in the face! THE FACE! and all you can care about is when is he gonna come back?! He's not coming back! And even if he does ILL MAKE SURE THE STUPID COMMIE DOESN'T TOUCH YO-" Tom stopped and covered his mouth.

"Alright guys I'm back!" Edd walked into the room, noticing the tension. Matt was starting at Tom in fear, and tears started to form in Toms non existent eyes.

"..ummm.. guys? You alright?"

Tom pushed Edd aside and ran out the room.