school

8 january, 2006

- unedited

Simon and Jide's friendship was officially unbreakable. Ever since they found out they had a lot in common, they became hanging out more and more.

They were usually known to hate each other, so when they arrived at school and began talking to each other with no conflict, everyone was appalled.

Teachers were confused, sending the pair weird looks and glances. Students were confused, whispering about them ever so often. But they didn't care, they enjoyed each other's friendship.

Almost everyday, Simon would go over to JJ's house after school. The two would joke around and play FIFA against each other, Simon dominating most of the times.

Right now, JJ and Simon were sitting together in their history class, the class that started and ended it all. The teacher entered the classroom, sending all the students a warm smile.

"Good morning class, I hope your day has been splendid so far." the teacher greeted. Simon and JJ shared a confused look. This teacher is usually in a snarky mood, they both had no idea what put her in a good mood.

"You good, miss?" Jide yelled out, causing everyone to murmur the same question out loud.

"Why I'm fine, Olajide. Are you and Simon alright? No more fighting, I see." the teacher said, showing a fake smile anyone could catch.

"He's my best friend now, miss." Simon stated, giving JJ a fist bump. JJ smirked at the teacher before leaning back into his chair.

"Glad to hear that your trip to the principals office was a success." the teacher said. Neither Simon or JJ knew why she was only acknowledging this now, they've been friends for months now.

"Whatever." JJ said, rolling his eyes. The teacher narrowed her eyes before turning back to her desk and picking up her binder, continuing the lesson.

—————————————
"Down for another game of FIFA?" JJ asks and Simon frowns.

"Bro, we have a lot of homework. How about a bit later?" Simon said, opening his math book. JJ picked up his BB gun and fiddled with it between his hands.

"Oh come on bro, don't be a wanker." Jide whined, pressing the gun under Simon's chin. Simon groaned and slapped JJ's hands away.

"I probably won't be able to see FIFA again if I fail this test tomorrow, JJ. You should start the homework too, I don't want you failing."

Jide sighed in defeat, throwing his BB gun on his bed and grabbing his textbooks from his backpack. Taking a seat next to Simon, he opening his Maths textbook and slouched down.

"Algebra," Jide whispered. "Absolute bullshit."

"Welcome to year eight, buddy. Where we learn shit we definitely won't need in the future, and everything is just a bunch of bullshit." Simon replied, patting JJ's shoulder.

"Jide, do you know what a variable is?" Simon asks and Jide shakes his head in response.

"A constant?" Simon asks again and JJ shakes his head. Simon sighs and puts a hand to his forehead.

"We've got a lot to work on, buddy."