videos

29 january, 2007

SIMON leaned on his best friends side, his sweaty hands gripping the controller. He felt like he was going in and out of consciousness with the way his vision blurred before going back to normal.

"It's so fucking hot," JJ groaned, pausing the game before falling back onto his bed, causing Simon's to fall as well.

"Asshole, I was leaning on you." Simon groaned, falling back on the bed beside Jide.

"Why don't we just go outside?"

"Are you hilarious?" JJ scoffed. "We will literally melt, bro."

"It's never this hot in England, what the fuck is going on?" Simon groans. JJ shrugged before sighing.

"Do you have ice lollies?" Simon asks and Jide shoots up, nodding. Him and Simon quickly jumped up from the bed and exited the room, running down the stairs.

The pair walked into the kitchen  and opened Jide's freezer to find their cold beverage. To their luck, an unopened box of ice lollies stood below the frozen pees.

Simon snatched the box from the freezer, practically tearing it open before bringing out two for him, and two for Jide.

"What do you want to do today?"

"I don't think there's much we can do with this horrible weather, Jide." Simon said, unwrapping his treat and plopping onto the couch. "It's Saturday, usually we would be doing something fun but I just don't feel like it."

Jide shrugged before sitting next to Simon on the couch.

"My dad got a new computer recently, we can play some games on it if you want too." JJ suggested and Simon nodded before raising his eyebrows.

"Are you sure you're allowed?"

Jide chuckled. "He doesn't need to know."

JJ got up from the couch and exited the living room, heading into his fathers office, Simon following not too far behind.

The duo both sat down in chairs, staring at the screen in front of them.

"Are there any games like mortal combat that we can play?" Simon asks and JJ shrugs.

"I can check. What do I search- maybe, uhm, fighting games?" JJ questioned, slowly typing it in as he spoke.

Jide pressed enter and waited for the results to pop up. Once they had, the page showed a bunch of links, but one stood out to the two.

"Click that," Simon said, an eyebrow raised, while pointing one finger at the screen. Jide obliged, clicking the specific link.

"This is a video..." Simon stated, stating straight at the screen. They had stumbled across a website that was portraying some random person playing, what looked to be- a fighting game.

"Oh, this person's good!" Jide exclaimed, examining the video a bit better. Simon chuckled at his friend before he averted his attention to the video again, enjoying it.

"What's this website called, I want to go on it again if I can." Simon asked and JJ looked around the page for any clues to the name of the website.

"Oh," Jide said, pointing at the screen.

"It's called YouTube."

"Hmm, I've never heard of it." Simon chuckled, making a mental note of the website name.

JJ shrugged. "Neither have I."

Simon turned back to the screen before his eyes lit up. "Wait, click that- Star Wars Kid."

Jide shrugged before clicking on it, the two waiting in silence for the video to load.

It was only thirty seconds into the video, and the two had already bursted with laughter. The video showed a kid who was holding a really long pole and swinging it around.

"He's still going!" Simon said, causing the both to laugh harder. "I never realized how much watching videos was fun."

Jide chuckled and agreed as the video had come to an end. Jide scrolled down the page and saw a bunch of stars at the bottom.

"Wait, we can leave a star rating!" Jide explained in between laughs.

"Definite five," Simon said, a smile still plastered onto his face. Jide navigated his mouse to the stars, attempting to press the furthest right one, but failed.

"You have to sign up or login to leave a rating.." Jide whispered, reading the words on the screen. "How do I sign up?"

Simon examined the page, looking for an answer- when suddenly his eyes stopped at a button on the top right. "Sign up," he exclaimed. "right there."

Jide clicked on the button, causing a bunch of random boxes to pop up.

username:
password:
confirm password:
birthday:
email:

Jide bit his bottom lip before typing in the information he needed to.

username: JideJunior
password: ********
confirm password: ********
birthday: 19/6/93
email: olajideolatunji@uklog.com

Once that was done, Jide navigated back to the video the two were previously on, being able to successfully give it five stars.

"These videos are posted by people I'm guessing, so how do we post videos?" Simon asks and Jide sends him an odd glance.

"I don't know and I don't want to bother to find out, there's no way I'm posting anything- my parents would probably kill me."

Simon bit his lip in embarrassment that curiosity had taken him over, he shook his head and mumbled an agreement to Jide's statement.

"Want to watch more videos?" Jide asks and a smile plasters on Simon's face before he nods.