Chapter 6

Alvin sighed as he stared at the ceiling of his hotel room

Alvin sighed as he stared at the ceiling of his hotel room. He couldn't sleep whatsoever. The boys and Jordan, however, were fast asleep. There was just something that was keeping Alvin up. Part of it was the fact that he felt nauseous. The other contributing factor as that he was fearing tomorrow... when or if he would see Slade.

Alvin never regretted him, but sometimes Slade would regret him, even if he was just being sarcastic. Alvin loved Slade with all his heart, and watching him storm out of the house broke his heart in not just two, but a million pieces.

Alvin always wondered if Slade ever thought about coming back to make amends like he was going to do tomorrow. Slade did apologize to people, but that was only if he regretted what he said. Alvin knew Slade didn't regret anything that left his mouth, or at least, that's what he thought.

He knew Slade would find a boyfriend fast. He was a catch, and Alvin still kinda had feelings for him. He would just never tell that to anyone, especially Slade who had moved on quite easily without having second thoughts.

Alvin would admit that he missed the Lazymunk's antics and the way he talked. It always amused the red clad chipmunk. It wasn't hard to see why Alvin loved him so much.

Slade had a way of taking Alvin's breath away even without speaking a word. It always amazed Alvin at how he was able to do that.

The only thing Alvin was shocked at was how easily Slade might've replaced him. Did he think Alvin was just another face in the crowd? Or did Slade actually take the time, like in a quiet place, to think about him, his once Troublemaker?

No one ever stood out to Alvin anymore. Not after being with Slade for so long. It was hard to forget the Lazymunk.

Was it possible Alvin still loved Slade? Yes. And he did. He'd just never tell the truth since he knew Slade had moved on. Moved on from him. From his own family.

Alvin hoped Slade would call for the twins' birthday tomorrow. But all he could was wait and hope. Wait and hope. Wait and hope.

He hoped that somewhere inside him, Slade still loved them... or at least their kids.

Ans with that last thought, Alvin closed his eyes and fell into a restless sleep.