prologue

Tring .Tring. Tring..........

"Sir , please come to the factory as soon as possible" manager spoke in rushed voice

" what happened Patrick, why are you sounding scared"

"Sir hurry pleasssssss"

"Hello hello, ??????"phone was cut abruptly.

I put the phone down ,by now I was nervous what would have happened in the factory?

I picked up the phone and dialed factory number but it was dead, may be phone instrument was not working there, I tried to assure myself. I open the drawer of my office table to retrieve my mobile phone then realised it was on silent mode and blink sign was showing I have 10 missed calls.

" I should be more accustomed to mobile by now" I thought while dialling Patrick's number. Despite being in business for so many years I was not very fond of technology. I always considered old ways more reliable. If it was not for the sake of Josh and Mia I would have not even went for all the technical equipments lying in my office. My chain of thought was broken by the sound of prerecorded message " The person you are trying to call is busy..............."

Before the message finished I pressed the end button. I thought of calling Josh. But before I was able to connect the call Josh burst in to my office

He was looking distraught. His breathing was fast as if he had been running .I took in his appearance, he was wearing his gymming shorts and T-shirt.

So he indeed was in gym,working out like maniac. why these youngsters gave so much of importance to hard core work out .I had never been a fan of gymming or any other form of exercise .A walk in the park was good enough for me .

"DAD,DAD", I looked up to Josh face who was calling me but maybe because of my thinking spree I didn't hear what he was saying.

"Dad, we have to go to factory, there is blast there". His voice was urgent and full of panic. why was he shouting, he was a good child With all the mannerism,he never enter in my office without knocking.......

"Oh my god",as soon as his words registered in my brain I froze.

Josh and mia were running towards the building which used to be my love but now I saw nothing but flames. Sound of click got my attention when I look Patrick was asking me to come out of car. How did we reach factory ? Was the first question in my mind .Then all the memory of past one hour hit me like brick.How I remained seated in my chair when Josh informed me about the blast, it was Mia and him who dragged me to the car as if I could not feel or think. Mia was kept repeating something in our short car journey, but I couldn't make out what she was saying .

As soon as we entered in premises of factory smoke welcomed us as if it was her house .Josh parked the car just few feet away from what used to be a garden and my thinking place.but now the entire garden seemed to be filled with ashes and blackness ,my nostrils were filled with burning smell of plastic , paper and few others smell which seemed alien to me ,my eyes were not able to see anything despite focussing so hard ,my pupils were dialect due to smoke

"

"Sir,don't go near to the wall , everything will be ok, we will find them,fire team is inside they will bring Tia and mam ,.". I turned and look at patrick's face ,his eyes were full of tears,but something else caught my attention "it was fear " why was fear in his eyes, patrick was the most fearless man i had come across in my life.His fearless attitude was the reason Tia liked him so much" .

He was speaking about Martha and Tia , I felt irritated , here my factory is turning into ashes and he is still thinking about Tia .HIs face was tear stained, he looked pained Why is he pained? ... Then reality hit me "Martha and Tia were in the building"

My vision blurred. I fall on the ground, my hands were shaking, my heart seemed to lost its beat.."mar..tha"

My voice was cut by a loud explosion and bright lights. Before I could have said anything darkness engulfed me...