Chapter Thirty Seven

Zoe's POV:

Four days.

It took us four days to finally work up some courage to talk to Liam.

By then, Perrie was also involved and we had formed some sort of friendship.

Day one Louis and I just studied him all day long. We kept a notepad and we each wrote every little thing he did, from when he would nod off in sleep from how long he stayed out.

At the end of day one, Harry was involved.

Day Two we scoped his room while he was out, and we found empty plastic bags, leading us to believe he was smoking marijuana. This calmed Louis down some but he knew Liam had an underlining problem. We also found more melted spoons, which Harry thought was odd seeing as he despised spoons.

Day Three Zayn came to us, telling us of his worry for Liam. Niall was eavesdropping, and Perrie had snuck in the house. Liam didn't come home until three a.m that day.

Day Four is today, and we have planned to speak to him and maybe involve a professional. So now we were just going over our plans, and Perrie was getting even more worried as she now realized the drastic weight loss in Liam.

"Liam, could you come down a second?" Louis yelled up the stairs.

"Coming!" He yelled, a fog over his voice.

He ran down the stairs, tripping twice and falling at the end. He grinned at us, his once perfect smile turning yellow. He really looked horrible, and I was wondering how we didn't notice before.

"What is this? An intervention?" He chuckled as he lowered himself in a seat. When none of us laughed at his joke, he frowned. I was glad Jay had offered to take Honesty shopping, or else Liam would be on her enemy list from his horrible appearance. I know he didn't look like that last week.

"Liam, what's the matter?" Louis started it out. Liam made a growling sound similar to a dog.

"There is nothing wrong with me." He defended.

"Why is Perrie here? You gotta drag your body guard into this, huh Zayn?" Liam taunted. Perrie stayed quite, everybody did. This was a bad idea.

"What kind of drugs are you doing?" Harry bluntly asked, going against everything we said.

"What?" Liam hissed.

"What kind of-"

"I heard you." He stood up, and clenched his fists tightly. I stood up to intervene.

"Liam." I calmly said.

"Sit down, Zoe. It's your fault!" He screamed the end. I was shocked at his sudden outburst, that I sat down.

"I am not doing anything that would concern any of you. Screw you all." He growled as he ran back up the stairs.

"That went lovely." Zayn said into his palms. Niall wiped his year stained face and Perrie had brought her knee to her chest, burying her face into her arms.

"We need some serious help with him." I announced.

"Who do we go to so this won't get out?" Louis asked, desperate.

"Simon could help." I mumbled.

"Simon would be too disappointed." Louis frowned. Zayn held Perrie close, wiping her tears away. None of us wanted to lose Liam.

But the truth was... we had already lost him. I was holding onto the sliver of hope we could find him again, though.

"Zoe, I'm scared." Louis admitted. I looked at him, and scooted over on the couch so he could sit beside me.