Prologue: Greater Good? Blasphemy!

Title: Lords of Magic

Author: OfficiallyGemini, GeminiHaddock

Fandom: Harry Potter AU

Disclaimer: All rights reserved to Jk Rowling who created the magical world of Harry Potter. The story and plot is mainly mine except for any points taking directly from the Harry Potter series. No money is made of this, it is purely for enjoyment, though reviews are welcome with open arms.

Warnings: Character death. Possible yaoi in the future, not sure yet.

Main Parings: SeverusxLily(Snily)

Summary: In which Dumbledore is the Evil Light Lord, Lily Evans is Lily Prince, Harry Potter grows into someone different but no less incredible, Tom Riddle is a boy frozen in time, and Severus Snape strives to save the wizarding world from Albus Dumbledore's manipulations as the greatest yet lightest Dark Lord to ever live. What could this mean for our precious story?

Lords of Magic

Prologue: Greater Good? Blasphemy!

Severus Tiberius Snape, recognized by the magical world as a grumpy Potions Master and Hogwarts Professor, knelled down by the crib and looked at the child lying there. The child was looking up at him with bright emerald eyes, not crying or anything at the sight of the stranger in his nursery. Severus smiled and took the boy gently in his arms, standing up straight as he did so. He tickled the child's stomach, watching as the child giggled and spread its arms out, waving them about.

"I guess he recognizes his daddy." said a soft voice from behind the duo.

Turning swiftly around, Severus saw the love of his life, his Lily. She smiled at him where she stood from the doorway of the nursery. Severus grinned and walked over, giving her a sweet, passionate, kiss.

"We need to go, before Dumbledore arrives." Lily said as she broke away from the kiss.

Severus frowned at the name of the supposed 'Lord of Light'. Albus Dumbledore was nothing but a manipulative coot who had the wizarding world under his believes of greater good and of Voldemort's supposed rain as a Dark Lord. Of course, not many knew this, but the whole Voldemort thing was made up by Dumbledore in his plan of taking over the wizarding world. Voldemort was nothing but a lie and the real Tom Marvolo Riddle was a boy who was frozen at the age of nine and has been frozen ever since. The Tom Riddle that supposedly went to Hogwarts? He was but a plot that Dumbledore created so he could play the hero of this world.

The real Evil Lord here was Albus Dumbledore who labeled Light Magic as good and Dark as bad. Who manipulates 96.8% of the wizarding population and is in charge of every generations education since he became Headmaster of Hogwarts in 1956. Of course, he didn't always work alone. After all, one man can't do all that on his own. His partner in crime used to be his deranged lover, Gellert Grindelwald, who he of course killed as he planned for the greater good.

Severus Snape absolutely loathed Albus Dumbledore, understandably so. After all, throughout his 21 years of life, Albus Dumbledore has been but a thorn in his side. Well, no more. He had decided he would take action for himself and so he did. Regulus Black had reported to him about the prophecy that was supposedly told to Dumbledore, even though both men knew at the time that is was all a fib for his own gain. And so, on March 22nd, 1978 he started his game as the greatest 'Dark Lord' to ever live.

His goal?

To destroy Albus Dumbledore and restore the wizarding world to what it once was.

And so a real 'Voldemort' began to exist and Dumbledore used it to his advantage, as predicted. The people feared those who strive to save them and practically kissed the grown their demise walked upon. Just as planned.

His Lily had been by his side from the beginning. They had it all planned out by 5th year, and so they staged a break up in their friendship. She went to 'date' Potter while really she had been dating him. She got herself into the Order of the Phoenix, and Severus 'moved' to France when he graduated Hogwarts to 'get away from the war'. Of course, Dumbledore had offered him the job as Potions Professor after he got his Mastery at 17, but he had refused, he didn't plan to be anywhere near the old coot.

Lily had gone on to 'marry' Potter, not that it was official, after all, she was already bonded to Severus--and that meant they couldn't make her marry anyone against her will. Dumbledore had decided that he would chose his unborn baby as the so called 'prophesy child'. Regulus had already told him what he had gathered from spying on the old fool and soon the old man would be coming to Godric's Hollow to stage James and Lily Potter's death and the temporary defeat of Lord Voldemort.

And so, there they were. Lily had stunned James Potter and left him lying in the living room floor, quickly inviting him into the lot. The plan was simple, they would leave replicas of Lily and Harry Potter dead by the killing curse, when in reality Lily and Harry would go on to live with him in Prince Manor. This would cause Dumbledore to look elsewhere for his prophesied child, the Longbottoms. That would allow them to raise Harry and plan their next moves to the final showdown.

"Here," said Severus as he handed Lily a portkey to Prince Manor and their little Harry. "I'll join you when I've got the golems set."

"Be careful." Lily said softly, holding Harry tightly on her right arm. He was truly a carbon copy of his father. He had soft puffs of black hair and pale skin, the sign of sharp cheek bones and a strong jaw lying underneath all the baby fat. Thankfully he had is mother's eyebrows, lips, button nose, and emerald eyes--or at least that's what Severus often thought fondly.

"I will." Severus said as he kissed her softly and said the word that activated the portkey, "'Always'."

As his Lily and their baby boy whirled out of existence he took a glance around the room and got into action. He took out his wand and summoned two golems that were enchanted to look like a dead Lily and Harry Potter. He sat them down, the Lily-golem he placed lying in front of the cot, and placed the Harry-golem inside the cot. He made sure there wasn't a trace of what had happened tonight and quickly dissaperated to Prince Manor.

And as predicted, when Albus Dumbledore came to stage his act, all he found was a stunned James Potter who didn't remember a thing about what had transpired that night and the remains of a dead Lily and Harry Potter. It would seem he would have to with his plan B, thankfully he had already sent the Lestrange's to Longbottom Manor.

"Albus, what do we do?" James cried as he sobbed for the death of his supposed wife and son.

Dumbledore frowned slightly, this new wizard posing as his Voldemort was becoming a problem. He would have to be dealt with. "Avada Kedavra!"

And with that a bright, acid green light, shot from Dumbledore's wand and ended the life of James Charles Potter. Just another death of many for the greater good, Dumbledore thought, smirking cruelly to himself.

The supposed Lord of the Light would soon get what he deserved.

BREAK

Author's Note: And that is all for the Prologue! Hope it was enjoyable, I truly raked my head around this. Leave a review, it will help me write more chapters.

Until next time,

Brayling G.H.