Part 2

Rose and Oswald snapped out of the dream world in each others eyes and looked over at where the doors of his club had been broken down. She saw the gold machine guns move their way through the smoke held by her father and Frost. Before she could do anything she saw Oswald pull a gun out from his jacket and point it at the doors and start to fire. The smoke cleared and she saw her fathers face turn to pure rage and point his weapon directly at Oswald. Rose flung her entire body in front of the man she had only found out existed a few moments ago.

The Joker quickly released his grip on the trigger and put his hand in front of Frost to stop him from firing. Oswald’s eyes widened and his jaw dropped slightly, he stared down at the back of Rose’s head and became enslaved by her scent and her commanding presence. What kind of girl can stop the joker from shooting? Oswald lowered his gun down and continued to stare at the woman in front of him. 

The whole club went into silence as the tension grew, no one dared to make the first move. Joker stared at his daughters eyes, they were like animals. He had never seen that look before, like she would attack him if he came closer. He was impressed but that was stomped by the fact that she had those eyes in defense of another man.

Jerome and Harley soon came rushing through the doors breaking the silence, they hesitated a moment to take in the scene. 

“Rose!” Jerome screamed out “Get away from him” 

Oswald broke from looking at her hair and shot Jerome a sadistic glance and snarled slightly. Jerome ran right up to the stage past joker who was still frozen in curiosity. When he got to the stage he grabbed Rose’s arm and tried to pull her behind him, Oswald grabbed his shoulder to stop him. Jerome stared at it and began to laugh.

“So! The birdy wants to fight huh?” he turned to the empty club “Ladies and gentlemen the great Penguin wants to have a bit of a rumble! Whatta say?!” 

Rose saw the look on Oswald’s face turn from anger to dismay for a brief moment, she put her hand on top of his and removed it from Jerome’s shoulder before ripping her own arm from his grasp. When Oswald saw her he got more confidence.

“I believe, Rose” he looked over at her as he said her name, he could taste sweetness as it left his lips “would like to stay" they locked eyes but it was deeper than the first time. Rose felt like she could be her true self in that moment and Oswald felt like he had finally found someone who could look right into his soul, and he liked it.

“The fuck she does Oswald. Come on Rose we have to go" Jerome was now sternly whispering to her but she couldn’t pay attention to him, now that she new the dark haired mans name it was all she wanted to think about. 

Suddenly the three of them were separated by the shock of gun shots firing into the air. The Joker stepped in between them and took Rose’s hand in his, Oswald was taken aback by his presence and Joker put the gold tip of the gun to his throat.

“Tell me why I shouldn’t kill you” he asked his icy blue eyes looking Oswald up and down. 

“Do it Mr. J!” Jerome interjected “Kill the bastard! Here I’ll help!” Jerome pulled a knife from his pocket.