• 6 •

VC : Pumpkin Pie // YouTube

~

"Guys, guys. What'd one bean say to another?", asked Jackson, the blonde male Youngjae bumped into that one day.

"What?", asked the boy who was with him that day, Yugyeom.

"How've you bean?", Jackson said, very proud of himself.
Mark laughed hysterically since he found everything Jackson did as hilarious.

Yugyeom and Jaebum stared at them blankly, clearly unimpressed with the crappy joke.
"C'mon, now that's funny.", Jackson said.
"N-no. It was poor.", said Yugyeom.
"Do you want a cookie for effort though?", Jaebum added.

Jackson rolled his eyes playfully.

"Anyway, how was the third week for you guys?", Mark asked.

"Hmm. It's alright. I keep getting yelled at by my mathematics teacher.", Jackson said.

"Gee, I wonder why.", Jaebum said sarcastically.
"Im Jaebum, quit pushing my buttons today. I'm not the one who fell head over heels for a goody-goody."

JB froze. Though Jackson didn't mention a name, Jaebum thought of a certain someone. He thought of his smile, his soft voice, and his bright eyes.
He thought of the night he and Mark helped him get home, and the sound of his laugh when he joked.

"Hyung."
"Hyung."
"Jaebum-ah!", Yugyeom yelled.

"You punk, I'm older than you!", JB finally snapped out of it.
The boys laughed.
"Don't blame him, you were zoned out.", Mark said.
"Ah, thinking of Youngjae again?", Jackson asked.

"How'd you find out about him?"
"Mark told us."
"Us?! Who's us?!"
"Yugyeom, and I."

Jaebum sighed, frustratedly.
"He's not a goody-goody. And I'm not in love with him. He's just--well he's special.", he started.

"Yea, I can tell you think so by the way you looked at him that night.", said Mark.

"I don't know--he's just great in his own way."

JB wasn't open about his liking for males. Being a bad boy came with expectations. People think you're player, a drug addict, and that you sleep with ten girls in one night.
Not JB, however. Not these boys.
They were good -- good bad boys if that even makes sense.
Sure they dress like punks and cause trouble, but it's all fun and games. At the end of the day, they were still raised as kindhearted people. No matter how deep you had to dig inside just to see it.

Jaebum groaned.
"No use, anyway. He'll never fall for someone like me. I mean look at me."

Just after he finished his sentence, the little bell on the cafe door rang.
The boys turned their heads to see three familiar faces.

"Speaking of the devil.", Yugyeom whispered. All of them except Jaebum exchanged looks.
Jaebum kept his eyes on the cheerful boy who threw his arm on a dark haired male's shoulder.
He slunk back down on his seat, losing all hope of ever being with the boy.

~

Youngjae looked passed his shoulder as he recognized two friendly faces.
Mark had already noticed and smiled at him while Jaebum was cold as usual.
Jinyoung and BamBam had already walked to the counter to order.

When the trio were about to choose a table, BamBam noticed there weren't any available seats. Luckily, the four boys sat a fairly large table and had extra chairs.

Mark was the first to call them over.
"Youngjae! Why don't you guys sit over here?"

Youngjae was a little hesitant but BamBam and Jinyoung weren't. As they walked up to the table, Jaebum's confidence reached zero. He avoided making eye contact with Youngjae and slumped in his seat as he played with his pasta.

The three boys sat on the opposite side of the table next to Jackson.

"Thanks for letting us sit with you guys.", said BamBam with a smile.
"Not at all.", Mark said.
"By the way, how do you know Youngjae?", Jinyoung asked him.

Youngjae's cheeks turned a bright red. He didn't tell his friends yet that the boys they constantly call troublemakers saved him the other day.

"Oh we took him home a few nights ago. He was lost and even ganged up on.", Mark replied.

Jinyoung slightly opened his mouth in shock. He hadn't expected that their precious sunshine would allow bad boys to get near him. Let alone know where he lives.

"Ohh. He wasn't hurt, was he?", Jinyoung asked Mark.
"Well we came right on time. He wasn't harmed."
"Was his mom worried?"

Mark chuckled softly.
"You seem to really care about Youngjae."
Jinyoung was taken aback.
"Well yea he's my friend."
The elder took a bite from his sandwich.
"Well try not to worry as much. Stress isn't good. Especially on a pretty face like yours.", he said with a wink.
Now it was Jinyoung's turn to blush.

The rest of the boys smirked and stared at his reaction.

~

The boys introduced themselves to one another and told each other stories about their childhood. How they all met, what games they played as kids, and the obstacles they overcame.

After about an hour, they decided to exchange numbers before heading home. Youngjae noticed Jaebum's strange behaviour all night and wanted to pull him aside to ask if anything was the matter. While the boys walked out of the cafe, he called his name.

"Uh...JB?"

Jaebum turned around to a shy Youngjae playing with his sleeves.

"Y-yea?", he responded shyly.
Seeing Youngjae that night suddenly made him really nervous and insecure.

"I've noticed you're a little quiet, today. Is anything bothering you?" , the younger asked in a comforting tone.

Jaebum was infatuated with those small words. The soft voice and the reassuring gesture made him stop and stare at Youngjae just to admire him. He thought of the little things he's seen him do at school and when he's with his friends.
All his hard work, effort, kindness and optimism brought JB closer to him. Literally.

He hadn't realized he slowly walked right in front of the smaller boy until he felt a hand on his chest.

"W-what are you doing?", asked two bright eyes.
Jaebum stepped back when he came back to his senses.

"Oh uh. Sorry. I'm just -- just feeling under the weather.", he lied.
"Oh."
Youngjae relaxed but quickly became worried again.

"Well you should take care of yourself, JB! Take your meds and get plenty of sleep. Drink some hot tea to avoid sore throats and eat lots of fruit."
Jaebum tried interrupting.
"Young--"

"Also take hot baths..."
"Youngjae..."
"Be sure to bundle up..."
"Youngjae!"

The boy finally became silent and looked up at Jaebum.
"I'll be fine. ", he chuckled.
"Thank you for your advice. Now get home before you get sick too." , he patted Youngjae's head and smiled at him.

"Oh. Okay, but take care of yourself! Your boys are waiting. I'll see ya tomorrow.", the younger said.
He began to walk away until a hand grabbed his arm.

He looked up to a friendly face.
"By the way. I like it better when you say Jaebum, instead."