• 16 •

The feeling of something sloppy gliding against Youngjae's nose, woke him up. He lifted his hand to his face to remove the feeling only to be greeted with a ball of fur -- aka Nora. He giggled and brought her up to his chest, nuzzling their noses together.

The cat became a little too excited and accidentally nibbled on the boy's nose, making him yelp in surprise. Jaebum woke up to the sudden noise. He sat right up and asked what was wrong.

"It's fine, I'm alright.", Youngjae chuckled, wiping away Nora's drool from his face. He gave the elder a quick peck before getting up.

"Uh, Jae?", he heard a voice call and realized he was still bare. He quickly covered himself with the nearest piece of blanket, making the elder chuckle.

He got up as well but without care of how unclothed he was. A bright shade of red visible on the younger's cheeks.
Jaebum pulled his sweats on before facing Youngjae.

"Breakfast?", he asked.

"Well let me get dressed first."

~

Youngjae checked his phone for the time. It flashed with loads of messages from the boys but even more from his mom. He'd have to explain later but for now he'd cherish his time with JB.

The scent of bacon and coffee distracted him from the screen. He walked downstairs to the sound of food sizzling on a pan. Seeing the elder so focused on something as homely as cooking made Youngjae happy, as if he was almost husband - like.

"Well, have a seat.", Jaebum broke Youngjae's train of thought when he noticed he just stood in front of him.
The younger obeyed and quietly pulled a chair out for himself.

The two are their breakfast in silence at first before the smaller boy mustered up the confidence to hold onto Jaebum's pinkie finger. He glanced at their hands and interlocked their fingers, not letting go as they both finished their meals.

"Uh, eomma must be really worried about me.", Youngjae brought up.

"Yea, your phone kept going off throughout the night.", Jaebum smiled.

Youngjae gave him a confused look.
"Why didn't you wake me?"

"And waste the precious time we had together?", Jaebum said in a slightly sarcastic tone, making Youngjae blush anyway.

"But," Jaebum started.
"Don't you think it's time to be upfront with her? I mean especially with what's happened last night?", he suggested.

Youngjae blushed at how blunt Jaebum was. However, he was right. No matter how many times he ran away from his mother, he'd always be pulled back to her. Question was, how would he be able to convince her when all else had already failed?

Jaebum noticed how quiet the younger had gotten. He tightened his grip on his hand, pulling him out of his daydream.

"Want me to speak to her?", he asked.

Youngjae quickly shook his head.

"She'll send you away right when she sees you. It's no use.", he responded.

Jaebum was somewhat hurt by the remark but he knew Youngjae's mother wouldn't approve of him. More importantly, it was up to Youngjae on how he wanted to tell his mom about it. However, JB would do anything to get eomma to open her eyes. He's not bad at all, and one day she was going to have to learn to accept him. Just like how her son did.

~

"You're not staying?", Youngjae asked Jaebum when he dropped him off at Jinyoung's. The two had decided to drop by for a visit until Jaebum excused himself, leaving Youngjae alone with Jinyoung and Mark.