chapter 4

Carra's P.O.V

Getting ready for school the next morning my thoughts went to Lucas. Why had Eric gone over to his house yesterday? By the time he made it home it was time for dinner and I didn't get to ask him about it. I was definitely curious.

"Sis you ready to go?" Eric yelled from down the hall.

"Yea, give me a minute to grab my backpack." I said suddenly not so sure I wanted to do this.

I took a few much-needed breaths and went to meet Eric in the car.

"I have a surprise for you and Anna." He grinned.

"But you're going to have to wait till we get to school so I can tell you both together."

"You know I hate surprises." I said frowning.

"You're going to like this one."

"I'll be the judge of that." I said not convinced

As we pulled up to the school I saw Anna waiting on me.

"Anna, Eric says that he has a surprise for us, but I can't get him to tell me what it is." I frowned.

"Why are Lucas and Stephen walking over here?" Anna asked panicked.

I looked up and meet Lucas's blue eyes.

I could not look away it was like I was staring into his soul and he was looking into mine.

Snap out if it Carra, he's no good for you I thought to myself.

Lucas's P.O.V

"Girls meet your two new volunteers for the carnival." Eric said clearly amused.

"What! Why do I get thrown into this too?" Stephen protested.

"Shut up Stephen!" I said elbowing him in the stomach.

"Quit complaining you're doing it."

"Fine but it doesn't mean I have to like it." He said frowning.

"What do you need us to do?" I asked turning to look at Anna.

"We need help building the booths. Starting today we will be meeting after school to start on that."

"Count us in," I said watching Carra's reaction.

"Great, meet us behind the school when the bell rings. Oh, and if you happen to know anyone else that would like to volunteer please let me know. We could really use the help." She smiled nervously.

"I'll make sure plenty of people show up to help."

"Omg, Lucas, thank you." Anna smiled excitedly at me.

Eric's idea was a good one. I would get to spend hours with her without her thinking that I was stalking her. Even though I kind of was I thought grinning to myself.

"Bro let me just tell you how unfair I think this is. I can think of a million other things I can be doing after school that don't involve working."

"But do any of these things include helping your best friend/ future Alpha getting his mate to except him. I need you to tell the rest of the pack that as of now there all volunteering too. After all, Carra is your Future Luna so make sure they all show up?" I said heading to my class.

If I worked this right I was sure I would have her trusting me in no time. Or at least that's what I was hoping for. When she had looked up at me it had taken me by the surprise at how intense it had been. I could see all the sadness and fear in her eyes and I wanted nothing more than to make it better for her.