roots.

How did he end up here?

That's a pretty good question - the question he's been asking himself for the past several minutes.

Jimin has never been good at relationships.

One night stands? Sure. Getting drunk and making out with some hot girl - or sometimes a hot guy, who knows - in the bathroom at a party? Sign him up.

But the whole holding hands, going out on dinner dates, staying together for more than a week without skin to skin contact kind of thing - it's never been his forte.

So, the question is, how did he end up here, standing in front of the door of a quaint little flower shop, with tiny windows, brick walls and a faded welcome mat?

Some of his friends have made it very clear what they think of his habits. They tease him about his childish inability to stay, and some have even gone as far as scolding him for it. And it's never really gotten to him before.

Before her, that is.

And so, here he stands.

He clears his throat, fumbling with his keys in the pocket of his jeans to create some background noise. It's so weirdly quiet down here - a peace that he's not used to - and it makes him feel a bit uneasy.

Alright, just go in already, he tells himself. You're wasting your time.

Finally, after several minutes of useless contemplation and wondering if the back of his neck was this overheated before, he forces his hand to reach for the golden doorknob, twisting it and pushing open the door to be met with the sound of a jingling little bell and the overwhelming scent of springtime.

And though it takes him a moment to comprehend what he's seeing as he steps inside, to say the least, it's been a while since he's been so shocked.

Not even all the way through the door yet, his eyes are flooded with colors; soft whites and powder pinks, pale yellows and vibrant purples, and whether it's the tiny blooms or large, extravagant flowers with friendly petals spilling outwards from their stems like ocean waves, every single one looks inviting and filled with life.

He doesn't think he's ever seen a place so filled with flowers in his entire life, and he's impressed.

The thing is, when he glances around in amazement, searching for the person who's responsible for creating a sight as flawless as this one, his eyes are only able to find an empty counter in the far right corner of the shop, half-hidden by a large arrangement of pink and purple blooms.

The only thing his ears can catch is the soft purring of a cat coming from somewhere or other, and he stands there to puzzle for a moment, eyebrows knitting together.

Is nobody here?

Taking into account the silence and the fact that in a shop this small, he's sure he'd be able to see any company if he had it, it seems that way.

But that can't be right, can it? The little sign in the window had told him otherwise, and the lights in here are on. Not to mention that the door was unlocked.

Tentatively glancing around as if he were there for less innocent reasons, he makes his way over to the counter, searching for a sign of another soul, and one thing he does notice when he plants his feet there is that there's a door-less doorway behind the counter, covered by a tattered mauve curtain.

It looks like it leads back into a small, darkened room separate from the rest of the shop, and although he can't really see past the curtain, he supposes that unless this place really is deserted, the only other place someone could be is in there.