stems.

"Is she here right now?" Jimin asks, shifting his feet on the carpet every few seconds out of nervousness. He's part hopeful, and part scared; this is the first time he's done anything like this since he brought a piece of heart-shaped chocolate to school for his puppy crush back in fourth grade.

The blonde girl in the doorway all too slowly looks him up and down, nodding subtly in approval. She blows a huge bubble in her green gum obnoxiously, letting it pop over her bright red lips, and Jimin sort of wants to scrunch his face up in distaste. "Yup. Hold on a sec," she mutters, pushing the door so it's barely cracked open as she turns around.

Shaking off the weird encounter and rocking back and forth between his heels and toes, Jimin lets himself smile down at the large, extravagant bouquet in his hands.

It really is beautiful. It's like somehow, that guy from the shop knew exactly what his clueless customer was looking for. And mind you, it takes a pretty intuitive person to read him.

It's starting to seem to Jimin that he actually had been listening.

"Hey," he suddenly hears from in front of him, and he looks up, waking from his distant thoughts.

His lips curl into another soft smile when their eyes meet. "Hey," he returns warmly, wiggling his eyebrows as he holds the flowers out in front of him. "For you," he tells her.

Her eyes widen, and she gasps in excitement. "Really? Oh, Jimin, these are beautiful!" she gushes as he passes them off to her with glee, watching as her expression blooms much like the flowers in her hands.

"Yeah. That's fitting, don't you think?" he remarks, winking.

Damn. Maybe he's better at this than he thought.

Her cheeks redden, and she looks down at the floor, becoming shy. "Oh, I'm not sure if that's..."

"Nope," he interrupts, knowing what's coming if he lets her continue. "Sh. You're beautiful."

She grins so wide that it looks like her cheeks hurt as she brushes her long, dark locks behind her ear. Jimin wonders exactly what he did to deserve her. "Well, thank you," she mumbles happily.

"Of course," he returns. "You know, I was actually, wondering if, uh..." He brings a hand up to nervously scratch the back of his neck.

But even before he can finish, her face lights up. It wouldn't take a genius to know what 's coming next.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out somewhere? On Thursday."

There. You did it.

Wow. That definitely felt weird coming off of his tongue. Was that even how he should've asked her? To be honest, he can't remember the last time he'd asked someone out.

But even in his uncertainty, she's absolutely beaming at him.

"Yes," she responds brightly, nodding.

✿✿✿

"Shit," he mutters under his breath as the rain starts to pick up, pelting down onto him ruthlessly.

Just his luck that he'd choose today of all days to walk back here.

He pulls his black hood further over his head, ducking forward and hoping that his jacket will be thick enough to at least somewhat protect him from the incessant pouring on his back. It hasn't rained this hard in a while, and on top of that, it's cold enough for his teeth to be chattering slightly.

Beautiful.

Obviously, this time, when he reaches the door, he enters without standing there and mulling things over, happy to see the light turned on inside.