( i. ) of friends & dares.

DARE!
( CHAPTER ONE. )

_______________

_______________

A young woman sat at a table, her long, blonde hair cascading down her back in flawless waves, her warm, green eyes on the phone held in her dainty, small hands. A mug of a hot liquor sat before her, the steam rolling off in waves and hitting her face. Her lipstick covered lips pursed together, perfectly plucked eyebrows coming together in a frown. She was absolutely beautiful; and Elliot Grim was well aware of it.

Sat in the small cafe, Elliot stared at her longtime friend, a frown covering her own features. Her hair, so different to the other girls, was messy, thick curls that were barely tamed and matted from the heavy rain outside, of which had also ruined the little make-up she did have on, the make-up staining upon her skin. Her own drink was half-gone, for she had practically gulped it all down when it had came, which was probably why her mouth stung uncomfortably. She sighed, Elliot Grim was nothing like her friend, and she wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing.

"Don't look so sour," Laura had told her friend, finally placing her phone down on the table which they occupied, a small smile on her face that she hid from behind her cup. "You look great, Ell."

In all honesty, Elliot had never heard such a lie. She knew fine well that she looked very far from great, especially sat opposite her glamour model looking friend. She voiced this, frowning deeply at the laugh that was given in response.

"Stop laughing at me," she spluttered out, a dark blush taking over her face. "Seriously, Lau, you look like you just came off a runway! I look as if I just came out of a zoo."

Okay, she mused. Maybe that was a tad overdramatic, but she had to make her point. It didn't seem to work however, when her blonde companion just laughed some more, causing multiple eyes to land on the two. Elliot cringed she knew she should have just stayed in bed today.

"Oh, would you stop worrying," Laura hummed, cheeks red from her earlier laughter. Elliot only pouted in response, choosing to fiddle with the scarf that she had refused to take off. It was cold, and she thought she had every reason to keep it on, despite her friends effort to try and remove it. "Ell, you'll always look amazing. Now shut up, and eat your bloody cookie."

That was the difference between the two. Laura Andrews was confident, lively, and outspoken. She was captain of the hockey team back in school, and she was the girl the teachers chose to speak in assemblies and the like. It was no surprise when she left school with results of A's and B's, and three years on, she was working to be trained as a midwife. Not only did she have the guts for it, but the woman had always loved babies and helping people. Plus, she didn't stray away from shouting at people.